Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

pigs feeding good

Old 02-24-2013, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default pigs feeding good

had some buddy's that came down from new york and i tried to help them a little, i felt like they would surely catch some decent fish in the 5-8 pound range but didn't expect this, Tim's new personel best 12.14# caught on a chatterbait in 2 FOWhe also caught several fish in the 5-8 pound range, i need to start following my own advice

Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Is this story for real??? If so that's wonderful..that is huge bass..Will he get it mounted??My goodness...what a fish...Chatterbait was on a frenzy down here a few years ago..and it was one hot lure//I never caught anything on it..Then last year the Alabama Tig caught fire..too expensive for my blood.yes...the 2 FOW is not odd...most of mine were caught in water between 1-2 foot yesterday...that's all the shoreline structure we have
Old 02-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

oh yea its for real, he is having a replica done, BTW, Tim bested his previous personel best twice this past week, he caught an 8 1/4 wed, and this pig friday....

chuck you can make your own bama rigs, when i start back building some i'll send you a couple and i have also found an less expensive head to use, i can't remember the name right off, but i'll look at the packageing...the swim-baits are still high, i like using the skinny dippers, another thing your not gonna like, you better throw it on 50-65 pound braid, if your try mono it will be just like throwing 20$ in the river....

BTW, I hate throwing the stupid thing

Last edited by m.t.hands; 02-24-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Hope his expereince is better than mine..never again.
Chuck
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Hope his expereince is better than mine..never again.
Chuck

huh????confused
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I just written a post about 10 minutes ago..but I accidently lost it..

Positives..the fish is still alive.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE..

Negatives...I met a devout ,God fearing taxidermist at a Big Buck Expo...a second to noe artist..my fish was 450.00 a little more than a skin mount..

All of this is from my straight up conservative Christian's mouth..

--.all though you measure girth and lengh..there are only just a few manigans to choose from..we choose the closest one to your fish.

NOT even close..you could stick a softball in my 10 pounders mouth ..with the replica you'd be hard pressed to put a hardball in it.

my fish was nearly 25 inches..the fish I got back was 22....looked more like an 8 pounder at best..I took it back..and got 200.00 of my 450.00 back

yes the paint job was great..but nothing like my tore up tail 10 pounder..If I was your friend I'd get an 8 x 10 from Walmart and frame it..much cheaper..
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll post a picture...the replica is hanging beside a 7 pounder I had mounted back in 1983..see if this fish looks 3 pounds heavier ]-; pic coming i about 15 minutes..
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

The bass on the left is a 7.0 pound skin mount 25 inches..

The bass on the right is supposed to be a 24 inch 10 pounder...His colors are

pretty but not my fish..I sent the man an 8 x 10 picture of my fish..

Just note the fin color and shape...my man said.."They only have a few to choose from...Then why the girth measure and lengh ..I want my fish to be exact..otherwise...it aint my fish...I just don't want your friend ot burn 450.00
Also..note the bottom jaw of the replica..thin as paper..whereas the real deal is thick bone..very disappointed.Note the replica's diamond pattern on the side..mine doesn't have a diamond pattern..and then after about 15 mniutes you realize..that aint my fish.}-;

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-24-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

gotcha i do not like replica's, I'm sorry, but i have yet to find one that would suit me...i have been told several times that Lake fork Taxidermy does a great job on replica's....but i have never seen a bass with polished smooth lips and no gills

i have a fish over 7, 8, and a 9.92 all skin mounts....i have told a bunch of my buddies when i eclipse the double digit mark, i'm sorry but i'm keeping the fish, at least till i see some better work/mounts
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Amen...and I've been really trying to keep a positive attitude..but when you said the word "Replica" it struck a nerve...and 450.00 alot of cash no matter how bad or good your doing finantially..The man was very nice in giving me a partial refund..He actually does wonderful skin mounts..but never another replica..I'll problably just do photographs from here out..a 130 inch buck...a different story.{-;

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.