HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Got in 15 minutes of fishing before a nasty storm..and did good { -; (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/369906-got-15-minutes-fishing-before-nasty-storm-did-good.html)

Chuck7 08-29-2012 02:55 PM

Got in 15 minutes of fishing before a nasty storm..and did good { -;

First cast...a 6 1/2 pounder...

Then in a couple more cast...I boated this nice 41/2 pounder..

Then..a few more cast...and a 5 1/2 pounder..

Then I felt a nice one ..tugging...like a German Shepherd on a lease..for the first time...{ -; and boated this 6 3/4 pounder...

Then a couple more cast and I tied on to my best..pulling the drag reel good..I did not push the botton..I trusted my rod blank and drag...I got her within 3 feet of the surface and then.......she was off...

5 minutes later..I honestly thought a tornado was coming...got real dark and started to rain sideways..my boat was 1/2 way filled with water..and of course I loaded the battery in that was still very low from the last trip..so I got drenched.....but I consider it a real good day..
TOTAL WEIGHT ...23 1/4 pounds...4 fish

buckhunter14 08-29-2012 05:15 PM

Awesome! Looks like a great day. If I had that kind of day I would have fished through the storm!

m.t.hands 08-29-2012 06:41 PM

man that is crazy, me and my uncle (the one that pssed away a couple of years ago) got into a school like that one day, he caught an 8 and we had several 4-6 fish, it lasted about 45 minutes, it was awesome...congrats on a great day Brother....

Woodsman88 08-29-2012 06:44 PM

Awesome day chuck! I was thinking to myself a few days ago if the bass would be turned on with this crazy weather we have been having. Looks like you answered my question! Unfortunately huntin season is 3 weeks away so fishing is on the back burner now.

Chuck7 08-30-2012 12:48 AM

Thanks for the replies...I'm a firm believer in the moon phases...the full moon is Sat.

Buck...my plans were to fish until dark..I. Know I could have a bunch more...I called my wife and she said the storm would blow over quickly....Lol..maybe 5 miles away..but not where i was at..within 10 minutes there was 10 inches pf water in the boat...I'm not one to over react..I quit coffee weeks ago and pretty much have God's peace nearly all the time..but I thought it wise to hid back to the truck..I know I charged both batteries..but they are both old...and the one I was hooked up to seemed to have only 50 %. I had to hold my hand over my eyes to even see . The truck is a 1/4 mile away...

MTHands...yes sir..that is fun to run into a school like that.....my intentions were to bump a 10 inch floating worm off the bottom..but when the first cast is a 61/2 ...I stuck eith ole Bill Norman..

Good hearing from ya Woods88...our archery doesn't start till mid October...we still have some fishin left to do..(-;

God willingh I will be out there tonight and tomorrow. Frisay is the last day of the tourney...and the day before the full moon..should be a great day to fish.

Chuck7 08-30-2012 03:55 PM

Went to the same place this evening ..cranked my butt off..not one hit..no storm in site..{ -; ...but the black worm paid off..boated a 6 pounder and a 5 1/2 ..lost anothter..felt smaller..but you never know...got pics but figured you all have seen enough.

Gangly 09-05-2012 05:47 AM

AWESOME DAY FISHING CHUCK! Great Stringer! I have often times had my best times fishing in that first 30 minutes that a storm is blowing through. Looks like that norman(?) lure is doing good for you. Congrats again!