Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

seasons almost over.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default seasons almost over.

heading out fishing today for maybe the last time this year. ready for hunting season!! been a pretty good fishing season. will post pictures if i catch anything
Old 08-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

You still living in MI?

Why are you ending your fishing season?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by buckhunter14
You still living in MI?

Why are you ending your fishing season?
yes i do and because i need to prepare for hunting season. i only have so many opportunitys to go out into the field and even less now that school is back in. i dont have enough field time to fish and hunt sadly but i had a good season so hopefully i can say the same about this hunting season!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

also i caught a few fish and i will try to post them here and in a new thread
Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

My fish
Attached Thumbnails seasons almost over.-0829122007.jpg   seasons almost over.-0903121850.jpg   seasons almost over.-0903121850a.jpg  
Old 09-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on your fishing trip young fella.. I hope you have a success story to tell us about with your hunting as well..
Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Congrats on your fishing trip young fella.. I hope you have a success story to tell us about with your hunting as well..
Thank you. I hope i do as well. Good luck to you this season Phil
Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Spike

I know it would make most folks here skin crawl but id rather fish then hunt. I have as much fun killing paper/spending time with my father then hunting for the last few years. My father had polio as a kid, he never used it as a crutch or even complains about the pain but its gotten hard for him to walk very far so we cant hunt like we used to. It warms my heart to watch him giggle like a little kid when his bobber goes down. We do alittle live bait/bobber fishing with shiners, now taking my 21 yr old son fishing is a different story. Usually ends in a mexican standoff with me threatening to beat him with a flipping rod, im sure my father thought the same thing 25 yrs ago.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can not say as I blame you for wanting to spend time with your dad.. He is the only one you will ever have so enjoy it while you can.. I used to work with a guy that had polio when he was young. It is a tough thing to see. I was a part time custodian in high school and as he was a full timer. He was a great guy to work with and could really only use one arm as the other was the one affected by polio.

Here we already have frost warnings for parts of the state so it is cooling down here at night. I will most likely get another trip or 2 with the boat white perch fishing and then be putting it up for the winter. Cold weather coming on almost always means hunting time.. Then after the ice is in ice fishing and then fishing starts all over again..
Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

The smallies and muskies are safe from my hooks for another year. For me, the best fishing is still yet to come! After the deer woods grow quiet once again and when I'm not coyote hunting I'll be going after the river(open water) walleyes! YUM!
Nice fish mortalcare!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.