HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Fished Sat Night (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/368554-fished-sat-night.html)

Gangly 08-13-2012 11:09 AM

Fished Sat Night

I left sat evening with a family friend and his son to do a little bass fishing. We got on the water about 7 ish and hit a couple spots with no luck to start off with. We first tried some brush in 10-12 fow then some brush in 15 fow with no luck so we made our way to the dam and fished there a bit with no luck. It was now 9:15pm and we wanted to leave at 10 so i decided to try shallow for the last little bit since the mid water bite wasnt on. We made our way to a cove and about 5 minutes in I hooked up with a 15.5 incher. Threw him back and about 5 minutes later hooked into a 17.5 inch bass. It seemed as though we found the fish but it was now close to 10pm and time to go so we left without making another cast.

Fish were caught in les than 5 fow on texas rigged Grande Bass 4.5 inch Rattlesnakes. Water temps were mid 80's which is pretty low for right now. We have had lots of cloud cover and a storm recently blew throgh. Because it was at night, none of the pictures really turned out that well. Here is the only decent picture.

the Grande Bass 4.5 Rattlesnake:

Chuck7 08-13-2012 01:34 PM

Good deal...I fished with Matt Sat. The Crankbait bite was off but I managed to get a nice 31/2 pounder..like you..it was dark..but mine was early in the AM. I was bumping a worm n the shoreline. Later I got a 13 inches drifting in the middle and about 11 AM I missed a Hawg flipping in some cattails..she had me hung up on a cattail stalk before you could say Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean.

Gangly 08-13-2012 02:11 PM

haha, thats a funny saying, never heard that one before. I was just happy to catch some fish at night, I have been struggling on Conroe at night lately. The crankbait bite hasnt been to good lately but I'm hoping it picks up again pretty soon. Once september rolls around the bass will start moving into the coves and once that happens the crankbait bite will start back up along with the spinnerbait and fluke bite.

Chuck7 08-13-2012 03:49 PM

This is the new moon weekend,,should be decent Crankbait fishing..I plan to be out there with Matty...today was my first day back at school ...it went well. I h ave a very nice Christian principal. The students come back next week. I was installing those hanging folders in my file cabinets today to see what math I already had copied from last year. The states are getting rid of their state test and after. This year every state will only take one test..a federal test called Common Core ...should be interesting...I'm currently taking one year at a time,,if the stuff gets crazy I can retire at any given moment. I do enjoy teaching the little guys though and hope I can last till I'm 62, I'm 58 now.

m.t.hands 08-18-2012 01:51 PM

good deal, you fishing Conroe, livingston???

Gangly 08-20-2012 05:39 AM

Been Fishing Conroe

Phil from Maine 08-20-2012 04:53 PM

I love fishing at night up here for white perch.. They run pretty heavily at the bridge right here in town. There is a street light that appears to artract them as well as alewives that are running down threw to go back out to sea. The perch love eating those small fish as they start the long journey..

Congrats on your success!