HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Nice First Fish (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/368065-nice-first-fish.html)

Chuck7 07-30-2012 08:19 AM

Nice First Fish

I took my son's girlfriend out today to catch her first bass.I bought one and a half dozens of live shiners..They did nothing..so I cast out a rubber worm..Set the hook and let Kayla bring in a 5. 90 pound bass.

2 hours later...technically she has not caught her first bass yet..so I suggested she cast a DD Norman crank..Tennessee Shad on an open faced spincaster..She had a difficult time LOL..casting..remember..She's brand new.{ -; ..It wasn't long and she's hung up on the only floating tree branch in the entire place..

I moved to a new place with virtually no hang ups..Low and behold it appears she's hung up again....ut wait..it's moving. "Like a puppy on a leash",she said. LOL Now the rod is doubles and I know she has a good one on..Up it comes..breaking the surface..The net is out...and Big Bertha has made a loop around the trolling motor..I CAN'T LET THIS ONE GET AWAY!!! the net is now tangled in another crank rod.somehow the bass gets untangled from the motor..I lift up the bass and her smile tells the rest of the story..20 minutes later she boats a 4 1/4 ..not a bad outing for a newbee..

Kayla has a scholar ship at a local college for soccer .I watched her play..she is very good..She has a ton of energy. She's hooked on the crankbaits.

The bass was 7 1/2 pounds.

Gangly 07-30-2012 09:18 AM

Great Job Chuck and Kayla!!!

With her catching bass like that, you might have another fisherman/fisherwoman in your tournaments, and with bass like that she might whoop all of ya'll :)

GREAT JOB!

Phil from Maine 07-30-2012 09:39 AM

That is the way to teach them Chuck.. A BIG CONGRATS to you and Kayla on a job well done!!!

Chuck7 07-30-2012 09:55 AM

Thanks..it"s funny..I ask her what the fish felt like..she said, A puppy trying to pull you on a leash." My son has recently bought her a husky and timber wolf mix..very nice dog..

Yes guys..I won the last 3 tourneys..I would have lost today...11 3/4 to 5.15

I didn't"t tie the DD14 foot diver on..I don't think her little arms could deal with it..I tied on the model one step smaller..the 8 foot Norman Diver...I only have one that color...it's beautiful...Tenneessee shad with red eyes..I'm glad she caught her big bass on artificial than live bait..

Appreciate the feedback gentlemen...FLHunter..the bass was caught at a brand new spot...

spyoung10 07-30-2012 10:02 AM

Great Job Chuck,
Nothing like being there to help someone new to the sport and seeing there reaction to the fight and being there in the moment with them. I know she is hooked on fishing now thanks to you Chuck.

Chuck7 07-30-2012 11:48 AM

Thank you sir..where abouts in Florida are you from?

Chuck7 08-01-2012 01:31 PM

Dang...in all the excitement I forgot to tell how much it weighed..it was 7 1/2 pounds...

flhunter91 08-02-2012 03:57 PM

Thats some great fish! Yall had a great trip! Chuck, I guess you found a new crankbait honey hole on those sandbars over on that side I guess haha. Great Job!

Chuck7 08-03-2012 05:25 AM

I knew the hole was ok...I took an 8 pounder out of it in March....but it's been off. My depth finder always shows fish and I thought shiners would be the ticket..I caught one small bass all day on the shiners...She could onlyy cast half the distance as me and was starting to complain about the heat..I kept saying," Five more cast and we are done.' lol...i heard her say,"Ut oh..sorry, but I'm hung up again." Cranks are not cheap so I was going to unhook her as we were only using 10 pound test. I said, " Are you sure that"s not a fish?" Then she said," Yeah! , I think it is...

The fight...(-; By the way her picture was in yesterday's paper in the fishing gsection. I screamed," Keep the rod bent and do not reel until it 's tired." Then like a an erupting volcano..the bass leaps straight up , thrashing his head around trying to throw the lure..I was very concerned..then it disappeared and came up right beside the boat wrapped around the MinnKota...ii grabbed the net which had another Crankbait rod tangled in it from all the excitement...so I was holding the tangled rod and net and scooped up the fish..I gave her a high five and said," Wow! " You did good, and caught it all by yourself..I'm so proud of you.." Needless to say we made about 40 more cast in which she boated another good fish..then she ask me to take her home..and after 10 more cast I agreed.(-;

Newspaper Article
http://www.theledger.com/article/201...t-on-Kissimmee-

m.t.hands 08-03-2012 01:41 PM

hooked for sure