Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Pair of sixes takes the tourney today... >

Pair of sixes takes the tourney today...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Pair of sixes takes the tourney today...

Old 06-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir we did..lol..good to hear from ya. I'm a teacher in Lakeland so I fish a lot in the summer...getting some R&R

I hear you got a decent bass last week...from the man who fishes the frog a lot...I'm still trying to learn how to fish that KVD Sexy frog..I know it's a super bait. I didn't get a boil this morning .With all the new structure caused by T'S Deborah..I opted to flip...the bite was slow but I was hooking up with a few.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-30-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

It was 5.2 lbs on a crankbait but I will be out there Monday as well. I fish 99% with my grandfather who is retired so I have someone to go with when I'm off work during the week. I only started fishing he creek a few months ago so I'm still learning but last month I had 2 good days. One day I caught 19 and the other day I caught 14. Typically I fish teneroc which I do really well in too but the size is not the same.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Neat..I like your signature..one of my favorite hunting scriptures..you must be a Christian as well. I really enjoy the awesome scenery at S.C.as well. When the fall comes I will not fish as much..hardly at all.i'll focus on deer hunting. I love bow hunting.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Yes I am. I hunt green swamp and richloam although this yr I got a lease in Jasper, fl. Did you have any luck this past year?
Old 06-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Dominant Buck

The year before I got a nice six point at Three Lakes...

Last year I did not score but should have had 2

I shot a big doe in the GS ..complete pass through..but in a swamp there is no blood trail...
Felt really bad..

During firearm...I called in a beautiful eight point..GS but I zeroed my rifle in wrong..it was my long range 270 for Three Lakes..anyway..shot over or under his head...depressed for many days..I did get a nice hog ...

Anyways, I'm trusting the Lord for a deer this year.

Your welcome to fish in our little tournaments..
It's 5 dollars. Since it's SC which is catch and release we go by the honor system..the reason I asked if you were a Christian...We count our heaviest 2 fish over 14 inches, I know your a good fishermen..I've watched you fish.(-; We are going to fish lake two at Tenoroc next Sat...We'd be happy to have ya.

We all use a mechanical Rapala scales..you can use what you got..but since they may vary a little..The winner must win by at least a1/2 pound..

Good to have ya here..I wished I could hunt as well as I fish..if you could give me any pointers at hunting GS I'd appreciate it,..

What I do now is..
A, scout and hunt deep
B hunt the thick stuff
C.use the wind to my advantage.
D.sit as long as possible
E.i usually read an entire gospel..and sit all day.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-30-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Green swamp is a place you will learn your entire life and is difficult to hunt I have a few spots but my biggest secret is I walk a lot when nothing is goin on and find game. Got a few hogs and a 5 pt last yr. Sounds fun to do those little tournaments so give a challenge to fun days on the lake. Thanks for the kindness!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Your quite welcome..your always welcome to join the 3 of us....it's small but just as exciting as the bigger ones I've fished...

And your right about the GS ..you learn as you go.
Ii have a couple hot spots as well..but if I hunt them too much..they go dead fast.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with you Chuck, Woodsman, it would be great to have another person in the tournament. It's a good time out there.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

The pressure would be tougher...that man knows what he is doing....to catch 19 fish out there in the summer is quite a feat in itself...wonder what is secret lure is..(-;
Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

No special lures for saddle creek. Just using worms in dark colors and being persistent when you know where fish are. My grandfather taught me how to fish worms. He used to write the local fishing report in the 80's. He has caught bass out of pits that we all dream of!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.