HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Pair of sixes takes the tourney today... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/367097-pair-sixes-takes-tourney-today.html)

Chuck7 06-30-2012 08:53 AM

I found out why I lost my big fish on the crankbait...check out the hooks..For now on I'll replace Norman hools with Gakagumi hooks..

flhunter91 06-30-2012 11:41 AM

I've never fished a Teneroc Lake before, but I could give it a try. Although I don't have a management permit, if you need one of those... I might do it depending on what I need.

Chuck7 06-30-2012 11:55 AM

Tenoroc is off of Combee road...it's open from 6 am -7:30 pm. Friday - Monday

Without a management stamp it would cost you 3.00

There are about 20 different lakes ranging from the size in which we fish to a small pond.
They are catch and release..they are mostly old phosphate pits.

Matt wants to fish Lake 2 of Tenoroc...it's the 3rd biggest about the size of east Saddle Creek..neither of us have fished it in years..i

If you want..you and I could practice fishing the lake in my boat...this Friday .You could meet me at my house Friday..Morning and ride with me..

flhunter91 06-30-2012 12:17 PM

That sounds like a plan to me Chuck. It'll interesting to fish a new lake.

Chuck7 06-30-2012 12:33 PM

Good deal...it's just like gator creek...Monday would not be a good choice because it will be real good being that the full moon is Tues I think.Mmonday would be good for you to go back to gator creek and get the bass of a lifetime...I plan on taking Kayla,Andy's girlfriend with shiners at gator creek...

Then Friday, you and I will scout out lake 2. Hope you can stay till at least 11;00..but if not..that's ok

Friday things will slow down...and be more realistic for Sat.

Unless you think differently...We could fish either Monday or Friday..whatever you think.

Gangly 06-30-2012 12:40 PM

Congrats to you on on some nice fish.

Chuck, with the crank baits yo want to make sure your using a nice flexible rod with mono to keep those hooks planted in the fishes mouth to keep them from ripping out. A stiff rod will rip them out of their lips in a heart beat.

Again, nice catches guys!

Chuck7 06-30-2012 01:20 PM

Amen Aaron,

When I got home I realized I had left my medium Ugly Stick at home...you are exactly right..I had the crank bait on my new Fenwick MH ...too much rod..
I was only equipped to frog and flip today..and drift..one problem with a Jon boat..more than 4 rods is too crowded..lesson learned though.(-:

Phil from Maine 06-30-2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 3948374)
I found out why I lost my big fish on the crankbait...check out the hooks..For now on I'll replace Norman hools with Gakagumi hooks..

I have no idea what Gakagumi hooks are.

Here a guy told me he replaces all the hooks on his top water lures with the Mustad Ultrapoints that can be purchased here at Wal-Mart. They come in a package with 6 in it. The draw back is they are a little bit shorter but still has hook strength and are very sharp. You need to be carefull if replacing them if you decide to try them.. They are advertised anyways to be 30% stronger and Ultra Sharp..

Chuck7 06-30-2012 02:15 PM

Actualy..I was trying to be funny with the spelling because I can't spell it..but I looked on Bass Pro..it's spelled Gamakatsu

However..I'm a Mustad man so will look into the ultra points..I already have some trebles..not sure what kind.i think they are eagle claw.

I do like those Norman DD cranks though...they do the trick...run deep..run straight and get hits.

Well...took the lazy way out.i just straightened out the original hooks.AND made sure it's on a medium rod this time..Crankbait rod is now a full time addition on each fishing trip.( -;

Woodsman88 06-30-2012 02:29 PM

Those were some nice fish! I believe we spoke on the water Thursday. I was fishing out ofthe green gheenoe.