HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Ready for my first Bass Tourney (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/366859-ready-my-first-bass-tourney.html)

flhunter91 06-22-2012 12:00 PM

Ready for my first Bass Tourney

I'm getting my game plan all ready and my gear rigged up for a good bass tourney with some good people. It's gonna be friendly of course, but I'm trying to bring my serious A-game tomorrow morning. Overall I'm looking forward to it, just have to calm the excitement nerves down a bit haha

Chuck7 06-22-2012 12:19 PM

Hope we don't get rained out...

flhunter91 06-22-2012 01:08 PM

Yeah I was hoping the same thing.

buckhunter14 06-22-2012 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by flhunter91 (Post 3946639)
I'm getting my game plan all ready and my gear rigged up for a good bass tourney with some good people. It's gonna be friendly of course, but I'm trying to bring my serious A-game tomorrow morning. Overall I'm looking forward to it, just have to calm the excitement nerves down a bit haha

Whether fishing a serious tournament or a friendly-match, I would suggest not getting nervous or worked up over the situation. You wouldn't not believe how rough that can make for a day of fishing. Little things like nerves and excitement can cause you to fish differently and become much less effective.

Good luck!

Chuck7 06-22-2012 02:11 PM

Amen to that Buck...fact..I wish you would be there...(-:

Chuck7 06-22-2012 02:42 PM

Hey Zack,

Try and take pictures of your 2 best fish so that I can post them on here...if they are on your phone..send them to my phone..I can transfer them..

It's not necessary..but would be nice.
Keep safe..the gators are might see your kayak as a big snack...How many rods can you put in your kayak?

I will text tomorrow at 5

flhunter91 06-22-2012 03:18 PM

Hey Chuck,

My phone has internet so ill be able to post my fish if I get them haha. If the gators get close I just move away. I'll be safe though. I have a basket in the back of the kayak and I am carrying 4 rods tomorrow with the lures I'm gonna try to use tomorrow. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow morning. Lookin forward to hearing you in the morning.

Chuck7 06-23-2012 07:30 AM

Wow! That was exciting...After I boated my first fish I was shaking like a leaf.

Not sure how the other guys play by play went..but the word is out..KVD' sexy frog is HOT but I need to learn how to set the hook..I had a huge one get off and 2 more within 15 minutes of getting on the lake..very frustrating..so I went with what works for me..the black worm..I boated 6 ..my 2 best weighing only 4 3/4 pounds.. Zack was right behind me at 31/2 pounds..he lost a big one and I lost 2 big ones..My son Matt had a hard time getting them to cooperate..he got skunked..

That was fun...and will have a redo next Sat.

Here's my first fish 2.25 pounds.
I also got a gar about 24 inches long..took a while to unhook the thing/

flhunter91 06-23-2012 07:53 AM

Had a great time today as well. It was a slow start but it picked up steadily after awhile. Hey Chuck, how long were you working that frog until you switched up. I tried a popper for about 15 minutes and just stopped haha.

Phil from Maine 06-23-2012 08:02 AM

I am glad you guys all had some fun down there fishing. Sorry to hear you guys lost the big ones but, then a agin don't the big ones always get away.. LOL Well in most cases anyways.

I tried a popper for about 15 minutes and just stopped haha.
Poppers normally work good here for smallmouths. I have never tried them on largemouths though. I am thinking about tying up a hairwing mouse out of deer hair. The hair keeps them pretty well weedless and the action of just popping along should prove pretty good. They almost always work good for a top water lure. The flyrod is something I know how to use..lol Thanks for the idea on top water lures.