Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Out fishing

Old 05-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Spike

Default Out fishing

I woke up today around seven to eight this morning froma callfrom my father he wanted to see if I wanted to go fishing I jumped at the chance I took my knife, tackle box, rod and reel and we took off like a buck during gun season we decided to go take are chances on the docks at wyandott offof lake Erie and soon we where there at nine busting silver bass. Good size ones with just using worms it would have been better if we had minnows. We even cought a good number of pirch but threw those back we even got to know a few towns folk while we where there. All in all best fishing trip with my dad and in the end of thismorning fishing trip we kept six silver bass and are having fish and chips. Hopefully this evening fishing trip will also go well.
Attached Thumbnails Out fishing-bens-fish.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad you had to spend some quality time with your dad and to catch a few fish to go with it. Congrats to you and your dad.. Those silver bass sure looks like our white perch to me.. But, then again I have never seen any silver bass before..
Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine View Post
I am glad you had to spend some quality time with your dad and to catch a few fish to go with it. Congrats to you and your dad.. Those silver bass sure looks like our white perch to me.. But, then again I have never seen any silver bass before..
Those Silver Bass are in the same family as White Perch and Striped Bass - the latin name for the family is Moronidae. They do look an awful lot alike - I have caught both of them and the Silver Bass - or White Bass as we used to call them, look more like a Striped Bass - In fact - there is a hybrid they plant in the big reservoirs down south that is called a Wiper and it is a Striped Bass - White Bass cross breed.