Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Doubles on a Norman DD >

Doubles on a Norman DD

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Doubles on a Norman DD

Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Doubles on a Norman DD

One was 4 3/4 pounds ..the other was 5 pounds...the very next cast was a 7 pounder...What a day..

Old 05-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

good job!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice Chuck!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks...I was using 10 pound Trilene ...green mono...on a 10 year old 50.00 dollar Quantum on a 10.00 discount rod..lol I don't use a crank bait a lot so it was on my ok tackle...I was taking an out of state relative fishing who was pressed for time..The crank bait is a great lure when pressed for time. I thought the bass were here...because in the last 2 weekends my son and I boated 75 tilapia drifting red worms..I knew Danny was coming down so last Sunday I tied on a rubber worm on my 6 pound test bluegill rod..I quickly boated a 4 pounder and had one about 6 break off at the boat after jumping so I figured this sandbar may be decent...I never expected it to hold 3 real nice fish...we also caught a few dinks in other places. Danny is from New York..a really nice man and invited me to deer hunt on n600 acres..He came down because his dad ..my wife's brother had open heart surgery.the surgery went well.

PS the tangled net took me about 10 minutes to straighten out..I was very concerned ..I thought both fights were 10 pounders...that old freel has the button on the housing so it was scary taking the thumb off the spool to push the button and then to quickly re thumb the spool...it made at least 7 good
runs..I was thinking 10 all the way...fortunately I was in open water.

The lure can be bought at Bass Pro for under r5.00 ...it's a Norman Deep diver.( not the extra long bill) I don't like that model..this model is the 14 foot diver..runs pretty true and reall digs / tears up the bottom nicely...my best crank bait ...they cast a mile.i use it with my cheap tackle as these big cranks will wear a reell out..

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-04-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good to see you make a post Chuck! I have been wondering how you have been doing.. Congrats on the fishing I enjoy seeing what those largemouths down your way look like. I have been turkey hunting and for me it ended after day 3.. First time for me to take a vacation on the first week and actually get one then.. Let alone both my tags getting filled..
Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats Phil...I never as so much got a gobble..lol. With the very warm weather ours already mated...

However,this is by far the best bass year I've ever had and I've missed quite a few,
Good to hear from ya sir,
C7
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Chuck, that's some awesome fishing! Congrats on finding those big girls and the good sandbar. You'll probably be able to catch nice fish off of there for years to come now that you know it's a god spot, great job on locating the prime fishing spot.

Glad to see your post, I was hoping it wouldn't take this long but I sure am glad to see your post and know that the fishing is still going good for you. Keep catching those nice bass and keep the posts coming!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats Phil...I never as so much got a gobble..lol. With the very warm weather ours already mated...
The day I shot my biggest tom I had ever shot I never heard not even 1 gobble. He just showed up chasing a hen. I tried calling in one place and waited for 2 hours with nothing showing up It was cold with a light damp rain. I ended up moving father up and set up in a ravine and tried calling and just waited there. It took an hour and a half with no gobbleing and a hen sowed up coming into my decoys. The tom came in from up higher on the ridge. I moved to get a shot as the hen and tom took running. After getting my tom on the trip back where i had called from first. Another big tom was strutting with 2 hens with him. But still nothing had gobbled that day. they can act very strange sometimes..

I am also glad you have had some great luck fishing those largemouths. I still have a hard time reconizing when one of those bite. They act completely different than the fish I am used to fishing anyways..
Old 05-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Dominant Buck

That's amazing Phil...I'm sticking that info in my long term memory (-;

This morning i'm leaving the rubber worm behind and forcing myself to fish a black jig on the sandbars...I like experimenting with different lures....also using a terminator to comb the shorelines and my big DD Norman to wake them up on the deep structure..

In 15 min. I plan to be there ..c ya partner
C7
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Whoa!.....last minute adjustment..Matt wants to have a little bass contest....

Went back to what works...because crank bait was off...the winner was the ...black trick worm...flipping...the bite was slow but managed 4 keepers and 4 dinks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.