Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Catfishing

Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Catfishing

Caden and his little buddy wanted to go fishing so I took them out fishing for catfish. I decided on jugging since its less tedious and I dont have to dodge hooks for 2 hours. We did decent and the boys had a great time pulling in the jugs with cats pulling down hard. They had a blast and are still talking about it so it looks like we'll be doing it again. My favorite quote of the day "Dad, next time we go bass fishing can you bring the jugs?". If onloy it was that simple for bass

My son Caden on the left and his buddy Cole on the right.

As you can see from his clothes in the pic, Caden likes to wrestle with the catfish. He friend Cole.......not so much, hehe. However, it was his first time and I'm sure that will change eventually

Last edited by Gangly; 04-09-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is great to see that the young fellas had some fun out fishing with you! It is always a pleasure to have the young kids learning to enjoy the great outdoors.. Getting them hooked on fishing is better than video games..
Thanks for sharing..
Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Gangly, fish look like they would have some weight behind them hand-lining.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt know personaly BH14, I let the boys pull in all the jugs . Some of the best fun of the night though was when they would grab a jug and the fish would yank it out of their hands and take off through the water with it again. Watching that happen sure brought me some good laughs .
Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Next is noodling for those young men,right?Seriously tho looks like an awesome time was had by all I don't know if there is anything better than a kids smile while fishing warms my heart.