Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
BASS TOURNEY..another amendment >

BASS TOURNEY..another amendment

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

BASS TOURNEY..another amendment

Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default BASS TOURNEY..another amendment

Folks ,
It will be like last year with a northern and southern division..I also have a special surprize if anyone from the north can beat Buckhunter..he's very good and needs to come in second this year.{ -; no offence Buck..just need to see some more fish on here { -;

Smallmouth will stay the same...the seem to run the same size all over..Obviously we grow bigger largemouth down here.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-13-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

your all just lucky i'm in retirement
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I believe some of them northern guys would give you a run for your money..lol
Old 03-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JoshKeller
your all just lucky i'm in retirement

Good thing you can not see me laughing at you...LOL

Chuck while Maines record largemouth bass is currently at 11lbs. and 10ozs. That does not mean we do not have them any bigger or not. Largemouths are relatively new to alot of us. They have been straying up rivers and into streams with a decent size pond in them. These ponds are normally brook trout ponds that some places require artificial lures. They hardly get much of any pressure at all. Some of these I will be putting to test when warmer weather opens up for us. I will admit our growing season is much shorter. Where as your bass are spawning we still have around 16 inches of ice on our lakes. But again we do get some decent size bass up here just the same.. Just harder to come across..

I respect you for changing the tourney rules again but I was ok with the way it was..
Old 03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet i think that it split in to North and South is way more fair
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sirs..my wife got on me a couple of days ago..actually it's all Buck's fault for catching 2 real nice Michigan fish last year..let's blame him..I will have a Bass Pro gift card for anyone who beats Buck or me..

So let's get fishing..
Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

had a 5 bass stringer yesterday that went 21 pounds. all smallmouths. Gotta get my fishing partner to send me pics. he also caught a 42" musky

they were all this big
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
These ponds are normally brook trout ponds that some places require artificial lures. They hardly get much of any pressure at all.
I wish we had brook trout ponds here. I have to hike into some of the most treacherous and shin-splinting places to catch them. After all that, a 9" fish is big. A pond would be nice.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess one has to adopt to his/her surroundings .

In Maryland growing up ( from 5 to 15) . I fished to get away from the house. I was raised in a very disfunctional home.My fishing was a creek about 1 mile away. It had eels,Northrtn Suckers, bluegills, a limited amount of smallies and rainbows...and one farm pond with bass up to 4 pounds...surrounded by mean bulls..not sure if I was allowed to fish it or not..we just did.

At 16 I got my drivers license and bought a book.Fishing in Maryland. This where I discovered many more places to fish..which included a beautiful trout stream one county over and a river not far away with tons of White Perch. My mom had subscribed me to every fishing and hunting magazine available. I grew up with a very strict step dad and fished and hunted on every opportunity I could find. In the summer I hunted crows and ground hogs...our ice never got that hard to safely ice fish..

I used to read about bass fishing in Florida. It's unreal .However, with all the pressure they just don't jump in the boat.

Presently my step dad and I get along very well. My mom and him ended up getting divorced and we have grown quite close.He's the best mechanic I've ever met. He retired as an electrician for I-95 highway. He restores antique engines and drives a Model T Ford. He's 82 and just last month put a new head gasket on..He's very smart.His education is 5th grade. I'm sure his hard beltings have kept me out of prison..so his strictness was most likely for my own good.At 17 I ran off with a very tough group of young men..most are dead now. I met the Lord at age 22...if not for that experience I know I'd be dead and suffering somewhere.