Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Finally { -;

Old 03-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Finally { -;

10 pounds even

The Story..

I got out early to Saddle Creek Park..about 45 minutes before sunrise..I began flipping in the cat tails and boated a 4 3/4 pounder..good fish. I have a photo but not important..Then, I caught an 8 inch younster..then..I went to some cat tails in which I never caught a fish ever. I got a hit.I reared back and it felt like a 5 pounder..THEN, oh my goodness the rod nearly broke as it kept bending { Like when you get line in the trolling motor} and the boat is being pulled .. ..I'm thinking this is bigger than a 5 pounder..SHe raced right back into the cat tails ..as I was frantically doing my best to keep a tight line and her out of the cat tailas and keep her from jumping as well...a rather tall orderLOL ..My rod is facing the north and bent BUT lo and behold the bass is directly south and climbing up a stalk of cat tails..she's stuck..I noticed the hook is barely into her innner membrane of her mouth..I start to panic..I reach for the net..CRAP!! 12 inches to far away..I toss it aside..and run the trolling motor in reverse..meanwhile her tail is waggin gand she tries to make a jump..Inner prayer is happening. { -; maybe even a verbal whisper....I go for the net..which in my faint toss is now tangled in a rod ...I quickly undo the tangle.1.5 seconds to be exact. and reach..as I try to net her she sweeps her tail to keep from going into the net..finally she is in..I noticed how fat she is..I 'm thinking..could it be..could it be..The scales went a hair over 10 pounds..I weighed her again...I thought about the 400.00 mounting fee and how eager she wanted to get back into the water to finish laying her eggs..I found an on the shore fisherman to photo..took her back to her bed and released her..After a 5 second swim she came up about 10 inches out of the water .shaking her head as to say thankyou...I said "No maam .thankyou."

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-13-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW! Congrats Chuck!! Are you going to keep that one for the wall hanging? I know if it is legal to where you caught it I surely would.. Congrats again on such a nice fish.. Now how about the story behind it?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

HOLY TOLEDO!!!! HUUUUUUUGE!

Ok, now we need the story, the FULL story
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That tail is tore up, they are definately bedding now
Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Story is on the first page..thanks guys..I'm still naturally high..It is a rush. She was a tad under 25 inches.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-13-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

She should be in this week's newspaper..they don't get much bigger in this fishing hole..I lost another real good one on a jig..
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Another picture..

Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

FANTASTIC!

SO glad to hear she was released. A fish like that has GREAT genes to spread. Again, GREAT CATCH and release!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats is, I'm going on the lake tonight, weather be darned!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Hope you get one bigger..I'm being serious...a 12 pounder is DIFFENTLY NOT going back..{ -;

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.