Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Finally { -;

Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome fish Chuck, Well done!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks guys..I learned some valuable lessons today.

1 How blessed I am to get a great non pressured aea...I tried a nearby spot today...and talked to guys who have been pitching there hearts out..a 4 poundr was their best all year..I was fortunate to get a 7 BUT I was also out there in the dark..

2. If it works don't fix it..I've caught about 200 bass so far this year..I wanted to go through grass easier..so Iadded a weight instead of a split shot..Also after I got 12 hits on jigs I switched to a 1/2 ounce...My adjustments got me no hits..They must like a light small meal...If it works..don't fix it...

3. There were over 25 boats out there..the place stunk...Also..keep your secrets to yourself..Reprting my 10 pounder to the tackle shop was stupid..there was a lot more boats in my secret area...Matt is ticked off at me..he says don'[y tell them about flipping and especially where you fish at..or the place won;t be good anymore.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, it happens that way.. Good intentions can burn you if you are not carefull
Up here if you get a decent group of any kind of fish. They all want to know where you caught them. So most of the time I will make something up and send them off in a different direction. I know that is not being honest but if they keep hounding me that is what they get. I had to find all mine and they can find theirs as well. Unless it is a big lake that a lot of others fish. Then they will try to follow you around and I just laugh at them..
Old 03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Oh I. Hear ya Phil..I talk too much sometimes and it turns around and bites me at times..
Old 03-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

that is fantastic, still looking for the day when i break into the double digit club....had my chances just couldn't seal the deal....way to go Brother
Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Dominant Buck

MtHands,

First you need your butt kicked for staying away so long..but you are such a nice guy..that won't ever happen.

Thanks again for introducing me to the jig. I was reskirting some that you had sent me..I"ve been noticing how strong your hooks are in your jigs.very strong..here is how I used a jig yesterday..

I've been driving my boat backwards giving my guest every possibility for the big ones..meanwhile I stand in toss my jig into noman's land..Example..there was a willow tree..stretched out 8 foot from the shore..about 12 hoot high..I strip off line ..toss the jig up high enough to bounce off branches and land about 1 foot from the base of the tree..(-; you can't do that with any other lure..AND..no matter what time of the day..you can gamble that a bass there..40 pound braid Might pull Sally through the tree..or through that grass mat 7 feet away..So..MtHands..you have certainly equipped me with a wonderful lure..WHICH has made a lot of folks want to fish with me..And that has opened up doors for me to share Christ..I mean what do people think I talk about when I fish...I talk about the ultimate fisher of men..so ..see what you have done MtHands..you have doubly blessed me. I rarely ever fish alone anymore...I also keep myself filled with His Word...three times a day I get filled up..this has made a great change in my thought life..I read 10 gospel chapters daily..on day one..I caught my 10 pounder...go figure lol

Thanks Keith,
Chuck

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-16-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Made the fishing report yesterday (-; County newspaper..

1 Around Lakeland, great week for bass, none better than Chuck Borden's 10-pounder at Saddle Creek Park Tuesday morning, reports Stacy Roberts at Phillips Bait and Tackle. Borden was pitching a black trick worm.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-16-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, and YEP, the secret is definitely out.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir..Matt doesn't think that was smart..He said the guys at his work place are planning to stom the place Sunday

What in the heck have I done..
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Now I wished I had gotten her mounted...I just returned from our weekly trip to the Farmer's Market to buy produce.One young man said," Why don't you get a fiberglass mount?". I hadn't thought of that. I had met an extremely talented man at the Big Buck Expo last year. I kept his card....I just left him a message on his phone.i didn't measure the girth but I did his length and have a very up close picture..if he can do it ..I will get her done...

Actuallt 2 hours larter..Taxidmist called me...I got her done.I've already sent the specs and the photo..and 200.00 deposit.
Complete bill is 437.00 and takes 4 months..He actually worked with the company that did my 7 pound bass back in 1983...very nice job.. Shipping is 75.00 BUT i don't have to pay it..When he drives to my county I will meet him to pick up the fish..NOW I'm happy....The odds of getting another one is not good so I was kicking myself for not getting her mounted..now I'm happy..I get a mount and the bass was able to lay some good eggs.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-18-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.