HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   A Day In The Cat-tails ...blessed (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/359203-day-cat-tails-blessed.html)

Chuck7 02-25-2012 12:12 PM

A Day In The Cat-tails ...blessed

I started here at 6:45 AM

WITH MY FAVORITE FLIPPING ROD ....

AND SPINNING ROD..with ROOSTER TAIL

AND BOATED `19 BASS....Thank You Lord for a wonderful time....Here are three that I photographed

A 2 3/4 pound Rooster Tail Bass

And a tough FIGHTING 4 pounder

And a beautiful 6 1/2 pounder..{ -; Total weight of best 5 fish 18 .75 pounds

Here's another view...this fish was very fat and fought horribly tough..She was in the cat tails and swam out like a Mack truck..my line was wrapped around stalks..Then, she swam into the cat tails again and now my line is a mess..I held on and she was tangled on a cat tail..The wind was blowing me away.Frantically I put the trolling motor in reverse to see if I could net her.as she was netted ..the hook fell out.WOW!!!!!!!!What a fight. I got a shore fisherman to take the photo.

buckhunter14 02-26-2012 03:52 AM

I wish you were fishing in the Bassmaster Classic with a 18.75 lb sack, you would have been in like second place for day two!

CabinOutdoors 02-26-2012 05:35 AM

Nice fish man

Chuck7 02-26-2012 05:57 AM

Thanks fellows...it was one of my best days for artificial..I didn't,t mention the two three pounders and two and half that came unbottoned..lol

m.t.hands 02-26-2012 06:32 PM

what an awesome day:woot:

Gangly 02-27-2012 05:40 AM

Thats a FANTASTIC day of fishing, awesome job Chuck!

That 6+ is a beauty!

Chuck7 02-27-2012 07:06 AM

Thanks MT and Aaron...but on my next trip I want Matt to do the catching while I try to get a good one on video.. he needs to catch up.{ -; He's not a bad fishermen and has beatin a few times..Once he gets a bite they rarely get off,,,even with my decent day I still lost 5 3 were very nice..

OH oH !!! I got to tell ya all something..Gangly, I was in that back pit which was our first spot.I remembered what Buck said about using a crankbait so I tied one on as well as a Rooster Tail...a dragon fly landed on the surface and honest injun....a bass about 8 pounds cleared the entire surface shaking its flared out red gills as it engulfed the insect. I then started chucking a Norman deep diver to no advail..I quickly slung out the ole Rooster and boated 3 on that lure..A 3 pounder on that lure feels like a 5..{ -;

buffdmac 03-02-2012 10:28 AM

Nice fish dad

Chuck7 03-02-2012 11:11 AM

Thanks matt..and yet it's a 1/4 pounder lighter than yours and probably 3 inches longer than yours..Yours was the chunkiest fish I'd ever seen..Hope ya get a 6 plus tomorrow,