Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

fall fishing

Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default fall fishing

fishing has been fair to pretty good the past couple of weeks, but this past tues was phenominal, we probably caught 50 fish, from 8" to 4.5#'s, with the mild weather and the beautiful change of the seasons it has been a great time to be on the water

couple of pics

Last edited by m.t.hands; 11-10-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very good to hear m.t. hands. Fishing for bass is wrapped up for the season around here (for nearly all anglers) but quality fishing opportunities have transitioned to other species.

I was sitting in my treestand this morning and the white powder was falling pretty good. Near my cabin a few hours North of where I live they have 8 inches of snow.

Hope the bite stays hot!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats MT, nice fish! Hopefully the bite stays good for you atleast for a little while longer.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanks guys, Drew our biggest worry is icing up guides but we can bass fish year-round, it gets slow but it can also mean the fish of a lifetime here...won't be long we'll have the jigging spoons out and probing the deep water...be sure and post some pics of your other trophies always enjoy seeing them....gangly, when i lived in spring i cut my grass before at Christmas, and fished year round, i know you'll still have the opertunity to catch'em...you bought a boat didn't you??? you really ought to try gibbons creek, or if you can stand the drive head over to fayette county, both of these power plant lakes offer great jan-feb fishing...gibbons will be a lot closer but fayette was un-real, both are small and easy to get aound on...get a map though, both lakes have the timber on 8" centers...but you can put the trolling motor down at either and be catching fish right away
Old 11-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by m.t.hands
thanks guys, Drew our biggest worry is icing up guides but we can bass fish year-round, it gets slow but it can also mean the fish of a lifetime here...won't be long we'll have the jigging spoons out and probing the deep water...be sure and post some pics of your other trophies always enjoy seeing them....gangly, when i lived in spring i cut my grass before at Christmas, and fished year round, i know you'll still have the opertunity to catch'em...you bought a boat didn't you??? you really ought to try gibbons creek, or if you can stand the drive head over to fayette county, both of these power plant lakes offer great jan-feb fishing...gibbons will be a lot closer but fayette was un-real, both are small and easy to get aound on...get a map though, both lakes have the timber on 8" centers...but you can put the trolling motor down at either and be catching fish right away
A little oil on the guides will usually hold them from freezing up, but can wear off quickly sometimes. I have alot more concerns than guides freezing up.

We have a big trip tomorrow morning and the temps at launch look like they will be around 25*-28*. Hopefully the fish cooperate, finally got the water levels we have been waiting for.

Have you got any information on Table Rock Lake? Might be making a trip down that way this Spring... I know its not in your back yard, but closer to you than me!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

MT, the fishing is still good around here. I did purchase a boat but cylinder #2 was knocking pretty bad. I took it to the local shop to get fixed and it was $3,700 for a rebuilt upper which was fine, but they wouldnt be able to get to it for 2 months minimum so I brought it back home. The motor runs and I can still load and unload it, but its gotten a progressively louder knock so I use the trolling motor to get around which really limits my range but I can still fish from it. I'll put it back in the shop after christmas and hopefully have it back by spawn. Conroe is so low right now that only 2 ramps are open and those are terribly hard to use. Others are being drudged but it will be 2-3 weeks for each to be functional. I would like to try other locations, but with a shot motor, I won't be travelling any far distances until the boat is ready to cover large expanses of water and make it worthwhile.

Side note: Vaseline works good on quide rods as well, but gets really thick quick so use sparingly.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Beautiful pictures MT...sorry for the delayed response...Gangly also caught a hawg that he needs to post on here.He sent it to my cell phone.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

7.8 lbs

The pic isnt great, but remember Im 6'7" with huge hands. I didn't notice that I had my arms outstretched that far, will have to remember not to do that. I'll have to remember to bring my measuring stick next time as well, that way there is an accurate represntation of size.

I also caught a 5+ last night and will try to get a picture of it on here as well later today or tomorrow.

EDITED *Almost all of the pictures from last night are black because it was so late but this is one with the jig in it's mouth. It's a Northstar Custom Flip and Swim Jig (Pumpkin Seed) with a ZOOM Fat Albert Single Tail Grub in Green Pumpking as a trailer. It strong resembles a bluegill in my opinion when its being swam along weedlines or being flipped and sinking*

Last edited by Gangly; 12-05-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Dominant Buck

nice picture Aaron...thanks for sharing.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 AM
Spike

Default Hospital in Koramangala

We should be very much careful with our eating habits...Less eating or Over eating may lead to the health issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.