Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Tackle / New Strategies Review for 2011 >

Tackle / New Strategies Review for 2011

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Tackle / New Strategies Review for 2011

Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Tackle / New Strategies Review for 2011

Use this thread for lures and tackle you have tried

Tried P line carbon flouro...

Positives...cast a mile...needs to be wet first so take it easy breaking the line in..Once the spools been good and wet and cast out..it will be your friend..I've had ZERO break offs on this line.I've used 10 and 12 pound using the San Diago jam knot..with drag set appropriately.

Rattle Snake Spoons m Hoppie Spoons...used over deep suspended fish.NOT ONE BITE

BASS PRO 4 MM glass rattles..{ -; the ticket for lock jaw bass....along with spray painted 1/16th ounce red split shots..to wake up bass and real like presentation..don't leave home without them { -;

ZOOM Black trick worm fished Texas Rig..lost count on bass boated...my go to worm now..

Garcia Revo....cast my 3/8th ounce Rooster a about 50 yds...but bearing seems a little loose..little agrivating for a new reel. When bumping a worm you don't notice it..SPinnerbait reeling..you notice it.The 6. 2 ratio makes fishing the inline spinner very nice..

Trilene 10 pound for pitching...don't do it..it kinks up ...striaght worm or curly tail.I've gone to 12 pound P line flouro..less kinks...strong stuff.

That 's all my new stuff tried for 2011.

P line is about 8.99 for 330 yds.

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-20-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'll add a little to this in a bit, great info so far though.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll tell ya what..That P Line cast a mile { After it's broke in} before that..cast with care..super bird's nest LOL

Presently, I can pick up my Revo / Ugly Stick and zing my Rooster Tail farther than I've ever cast before...

I have noticed that most lines do not handle well pitching..probably why most prefer braid { Has no memory]
Old 08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Spike

I spooled up the new Nano-Fil line and wow does it cast well. So far I see no downsides to it. It has no memory (that I found) and it's real tough and ultra thin.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have started using Seagur Flouro and am please for the most part.

As far as techniques are concerned, I have really been surprised by the dropshot this year. I never used it before until mid summer this year but it really caught some nice bass.

Two lures have caught my attention this year on the waters I fish, the ZOOM Magnum fluke, and the Big Bite Baits Yo-Mamma. Both have done well for me and I have had good success with them.

I loaded up on Shimano Curado's this year and havent looked back. They work superbly and cast like a dream. 1/8 oz lures still go the distance with the right rod and the retrieve is super smooth. Cant say enough about those reels, their just super nice.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Gangly, many of the pros use that line..I did a study last year that led me to P line..which in it's time was THE LINE to use..

Flouro carbon is tough stuff because of the memory issue.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gangly
I have started using Seagur Flouro and am please for the most part.

As far as techniques are concerned, I have really been surprised by the dropshot this year. I never used it before until mid summer this year but it really caught some nice bass.

Two lures have caught my attention this year on the waters I fish, the ZOOM Magnum fluke, and the Big Bite Baits Yo-Mamma. Both have done well for me and I have had good success with them.

I loaded up on Shimano Curado's this year and havent looked back. They work superbly and cast like a dream. 1/8 oz lures still go the distance with the right rod and the retrieve is super smooth. Cant say enough about those reels, their just super nice.

Seaguar is good stuff...