Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Guess who I'm fishing with tonight? { -; >

Guess who I'm fishing with tonight? { -;

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Guess who I'm fishing with tonight? { -;

Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Guess who I'm fishing with tonight? { -;

I just had a surprize call about an hour ago. Guess who I'm fishing with all the way from Texas. I sure hope the bass cooperate..bad moon phase but great wind..and we will be fishing into about 2 hours of the darkness.

I'd appreciate your blessings upon Gangly and I as we try boat some decent fish.

Should be fun..I'm anticipating a great time.

I'm respooling my reels with 10 pound Trilene..Gangly will have to learn to fish with lighter line..and trick worms.LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-02-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

good luck guys. love reading your posts, maaybe they will be a bit more interesting sine you're fishing together! hah
Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the reply Ohio..

Well, the fishing was poor..I lost a couple decent fish and we each caught one dink..but meeting Gangly was exactly like I thought. his mom raised him well.He's is quite the gentlemen..can't wait till I meet him again. Honestly, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life. We saw many gators as well. We fished till 10:00 PM .

Have a great day guys,
C7
Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's me and Gangly..

Gangly..I went out the next day and only got 3 ..so let' blame the poor outing on the moon phase..LOL

Here's this morning's catch ..no lunkers..NOTE how deep the water was where I caught this gar...jigginh a rubber worm..

THE GAR WAS CAUGHT IN 23 FOOT OF WATER JIGGING A WORM...I saw a school of big fish on the fish finder..LOL obvioulsyt they were gar.

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-03-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to get an internet connection through the hotel I am staying at, so I can now browse the internet and a couple boards I routinely hit up.

It was VERY nice to finaly meet you Chuck, and I had a great time fishing and conversing with you. You truly are how you seem in this web board, a genuinely good guy, very knowledgeable, and a great fisherman. I learned a new way to pitch from watching you and hopefully I can use it to my advantage when I finish with my work here and get back to Texas. Again, I can't thank you enough, and I greatly appreciate you taking me out for a couple hours to fish. I know we only caught two dinks but like I said earlier, good company is better than a few good fish, and I was definately in good company fishing with you. After seeing that Gar last night, and you catching one this morning, you must have a TON of those things in there.

This is the spotted gar that I was telling you about. I always think of a leopard when i see them because their bodies remind me of a leopards coat. We have a bunch of these:

ps.
You can keep your gators! That 10'+ big momma we saw when we first got in the water could have eaten us both and gone for a second helping, haha. I'm not sure how you fish next to those things without worrying.....I know I probably was nervous enough for the both of us, haha.

Last edited by Gangly; 08-03-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Partner,

I was serious when I said you were one of the nicest peple I've ever met..you and your family are always welcome..I'm going to isolated pit tomorrow..same park but they have a pit that is isolated..

Then Sat. since my fish finder is working Matt and i are going for a TROPHY ..[ -;

PS I will not pitch with a spincaster again..I need that button LOL

I had a 5 plus today that came unbuttoned..I had no idea what happen..good hookset..it was digging and going deep..drag sounded nice..fish got off some how.

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-03-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate your kind words Chuck, and they are reciprocated in earnest. If you ever make it to Houston, hopefully I will be able to host you in a manner that you have hosted me.

I still keep thinking about that bass that busted you off when you pitched to that laydown tree. Your rod bent over HARD and then SNAP, couldnt believe it. Wish we could have seen how big she was because she definitely had some power.

Maybe the drag was set too loose and hindered the hookset resulting in a hook that didn't penetrate completely? WHo knows.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow great deal
Old 08-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, Congrats to both of you I am glad you both had an enjoyable outing. I would surely agree with Gangly about fishing with those gators..
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks all for your kind replies..

Gangly,
I beleive we were in a bad moon phase..I was out for 6 hours today and only boated 2..biggest 1 1/2 pounds...This time last week i got about 20 hits..next weekend should be decent..either that or our 116 degree heat index....WOW!! It was hot out there..

I asked my wife how she liked my tan..She said, "You mean lobster man.?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.