HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Best bass bait this year (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/347320-best-bass-bait-year.html)

fishinty 07-27-2011 07:17 PM

Best bass bait this year

The bait I have caught the most bass on this year is a gene larew biffle bug. Designed by the bassmaster elite series pro Tommy Biffle. The only thing you need to catch fish is a flipping stick, heavy line, ewg hook, and a 1/2 ounce weight( preferably tungsten). Just flip this bait into any cover you think the bass might be in. And you WILL catch bass all day every day. I fish at Weiss Lake a decent bass lake in North Alabama. The average bass is about 1 1/2 lbs. In one day using this bait I caught over 100 bass. I used almost every color they are made in I still catch fish on them. Just texas rig them and you will catch bass even in ponds. By far the best soft plastic bait on the market hands down. Try them

bamakilla 07-27-2011 07:19 PM

I agree with you I think they will catch fish anywhere

bamakilla 07-27-2011 07:23 PM

its on my avatar

Gangly 07-29-2011 07:52 AM

The biffle bug is a nice soft plastic, and maybe the best lure right now on your lake, but you have to remember that all lakes are different and you can't make such a large blanketed statement when you haven't fished other waters.

However, beaver style baits do catch a lot of fish, and nobody will argue that, but the Biffle Bug is simply a beaver style bait with longer legs. Nothing really different other than that. Hopefully it continues to catch loads of fish for you. Other beaver style baits you can try are the Strike King Rodent, Big Bite Baits Yo-Mamma, Gambler Ugly Otter, Reaction Innovations Sweat Beaver (the original beaver bait), Lake Fork Tackle Hyper Freak. All are great and have produced good bass. The paddle tail beavers by Lake Fork and Gambler have a great gliding action and will glide and circle to the bottom. Most hits occur on the gliding drop so watch your line. All of them are great weightless, but really excel with a heavy weight while flipping and pitching and can cause great reaction strikes. Good luck and have fun!

Chuck7 07-29-2011 09:19 AM

For me...it's been the black worm...curly or straight ..

BUT for me..more importantly is the line and presentation..I use painted BB split shots that I paint myself..

Gangly 07-29-2011 10:16 AM

Forgot to add, my best this year is tied between a Magnum Fluke fished weightless and an Ol' Monster fished with a 3/16oz bullet weight un-pegged.

OhioBowhunter 08-02-2011 04:56 PM

mine has probably been the trick worm. I've weightless t-rigged it and fished it shakey head. most strikes have been on the fall. seems like i've caught alot of small 1- 1-1/2 pounders so this weekend i think i'm going to give the magnum trick worms a try and see how that goes.