Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Best bait for bedding bass? >

Best bait for bedding bass?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Best bait for bedding bass?

Old 06-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Dominant Buck

The water is clear here especially around the small mouth beds. I spot them and throw either a white or chartreuse lizard or something similar on a jig. When the bait disappears I strike. They will always try to move something like that off the nest and it is easy to catch them when you can see where they are. Blind fishing when the water is colored I use an 1/8 oz chartreuse jig with a white 4" or 5" twister tail. I get the boat in about 6' to 8' of water and throw towards the shore. Lots of bedded small mouth bass right now off my beach. Unfortunately the water is still above flood stage and I don't have my dock or boat lift in yet. I usually get it in in early May but this year all bets are off. I hope to get it all in next weekend but the lake is still high and filled with debris
Old 06-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Spike

senko with circle hook and very slow retrieve!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Spike

Just caught some on a wacky rigged senko this weekend.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

I don't fish for them on the beds much any more, but when I did - an orange or brown Gitzit rigged with a 1/8 or 1/4 oz jighead - cast beyond the nest and then move it to the nest and stop, the bass will do the rest.