Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
What's in your bag /tackle box >

What's in your bag /tackle box

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What's in your bag /tackle box

Old 03-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default What's in your bag /tackle box

This is what I take bass fishing...my bluegill/crappie stuff is in other plano boxes...at home I have alot more bass lures in my storage bass tackle box. I only have an average sized bag...which was given to me, but surprisingly enough I have stuffed alot of my stuff in here..Here is what I take on every bass trip..also..I wanted to post to give the new guys some ideas on how to organize..{ -;

The rapala box in the jig plano has my boat registration

LEFT POUCH ..rubber baits and worm hooks

RIGHT POUCH SPINNER BAITS ...note CHATTER BAIT HANGING IN SPINNER BOX

LONG FRONT POUCH

I generally carry 5 rods...they may change according to the lakes structure..and what the fish are doing..I only carry 5 to keep from retying..{ -; ...2 is really all I need..a baitcaster MH and a med. spinnr rod..would be pleanty.
But I generally carry....
two medium spinning outfit and 3 medium heavy baitcasters.
A. Flipping jig

B. Flipping Worm

C. Spinner bait

D. Top Water

E. Crankbait

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-20-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

What are the toothpicks for in the next to last photo?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I jam the toothpick into the bullet sinker..from the base end...and snap the toothpick off.this is called 'Pegging it' it keeps the bullet sinker from sliding up and down the fishing line..

ALSO , you can slide the bullet sinker up about 18inches.. the sinker will stay..as you drift a long..you are now fishing a modified Carolina RIg..most of the time I don't use a bullet sinker..I pinch a round split shot near the eye of the hook..to texas Rig..or slide the BB shot up to Carolina rig...The BB shot gives your worm a much more realistic presentation ..diving slowly..

Also..note the paperclip in the hook and sinker box..when you remove the bullet sinker ...you will been to push the p[aper clip into the hole to push the wood out so you can use it again.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-21-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

instead of toothpicks use rubber bobber stops. they do such a better job, dont your damage line and are fairly cheap too
Old 03-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Toothpics do come in handy when u run out of bobber stops though.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see.... a few quick pics that I just snapped.

Worm, tube, fluke, etc. hooks.

Plugs, Hot-n-tots.

SpinnerBaits / Inline Spinners

Hard baits.

Senkos, Ribbon Tails, Jig Pack, Spinner Bait Pack, Fluke Pack, Frog Pack.

Not pictured: lead box, tube box, lizard/creature box, extra misc things, drop shot box, multiple spools of line in the front pocket, culling system.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

Last edited by buckhunter14; 03-23-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can only fit 6 boxes in my bag, so this is what I generally take. In the winter and very early spring, its about 4 boxes of jigs, 1 box of worms, and 1 box of terminal tackle. Fall gets a lot of swimbaits, craw creatures, and wider wobble cranks. Since its spring, this is what I usually carry, but these pictures are older so some of this stuff has been "taken" by water gremlins and some of the newer items I use arent in here.

Cranks (Shallow):

Chatterbaits:

Spinnerbaits:

Some Top Water:

10" Worms

Terminal Tackle:

Last edited by Gangly; 03-24-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best popper-style baits I have ever used is shown in my top water box. If you look closely, you might can read the name of it. Chuck, if you ever get a chance, I HIGHLY suggest trying this one out since our waters are so similar. Early morning is best. The last time I used it, approx 1 week ago, bass were literally jumping out of the water on their strikes. Several of the smaller bass were doing somersaults through the air on the hits. It was simply amazing and tons of fun to watch. Now, I don't hesitate to go in after them, but then again I don't have as many gators around me either. Just be ready to go swimming if you lose one, they aint cheap.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice assortments fellows..I have much much more but I did say..what to you ALWAYS carry....I leave 50 % at home in my stock up box..{ -; and a huge box of rubber baits..When I see them on sale I pick them up..
Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hrrrmmmm, I dont often carry the same thing, so I guess I will show what I carry most often throughout the year.

10" Worms

Grass and Swim Jigs:

Trailers:

Frogs:

Chatterbaits:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.