Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
If money was no issue what is your favorite fishing vessel. >

If money was no issue what is your favorite fishing vessel.

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.
View Poll Results: Favorite Fishing Vessel
Kayak
0%
Canoe
7.69%
Jon Boat
23.08%
Bass Boat
69.23%
Plastic Boat ..such as Bass Hunter
0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

If money was no issue what is your favorite fishing vessel.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Old 03-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cost is no option?

I'll take a stroker bass boat.. but it needs to be customized with an aluminum frame so it would not rot or flex, and lets power it with a merc 300 big bore.. if I still had the desire to fish tournies, it'd have to be powered with a 250. Either way, it should be over 100 mph, pushing 110 with the 300.

109 lb thrust trolling motor, gps on the front and console, side imaging on the console, and a down imaging on the front.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I already have a 12' John that I love and sold my bass boat and got a family 20' go fast boat. I am looking for about a 14'-16' deep V aluminum with a 10hp tiller motor for spring fishing out on the lake. I commercially fish for pan fish and the john boat is good for the back waters for crappie and gills. I need something that will be a little better in the main part of the lake for perch.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would have to go ahead with a bass boat myself so I could save time getting to the other side of the lake.. Actually myself i would like a big salt water boat so as I can catch some fresh haddock and what else but halibut..
Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
j76
Typical Buck

I bought this 17 foot Mirrocraft last summer and MAN!!! its hard to beat for an all around boat, great for trolling walleyes, big enough to get on the great lakes on a descent day. Pull all the rod holders(which takes about 2 min) and its a nice play boat for the family, has enough power to drag a kid up to about 120 lbs pretty good in a tube, and has plenty of room for 4 or 5 people to comfortably putt around the lake, and quiet with the four stroke. Then the back bench seat folds down and makes a really nice sized casting platform and with the bow mount troller yer good to go for bass fishing.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey ..I can get to more spots that a big boat can't get to than the big lakes that only they can fish..

Summary..I have more spots to fish and BETTER spots to fish. MOst of my spots see very little pressure and are catch and release only.