Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
The deal/the situation...boat repair >

The deal/the situation...boat repair

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

The deal/the situation...boat repair

Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've met him and he's no angel...lol

But thanks Josh and I'll take you up on that if the patch deal from basshunter doesn't work.......maybe we can put this thing on sleepy creek here after tax season

thanks everyone for your input
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Spike

My boat was not turning off with the key. We had to disconnect the fuel to have it run out. I was told I needed to replace the ignition switch. I swapped out my ignition switch. That didn't work. I saw the second switch that was a kill switch. I cut that switch out and tried to hard wire. After that, the boat never started again. I think it really need a boat repair and I tried to contact some repairmen but I guess boat repair men not found everywhere. Please men help me; my fishing work is strucking down due to this problem.

Boat Repair
Old 12-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

I am not sure what type of material it is made from.
Fiberglass patch may work.
Like boat repair shops use to fix cracks in bass boats.

Go to the website of who made the boat, and ask them.

Good Luck.
jrbsr
Old 12-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I took Josh Keller's advice and bought some Marine Tex. ..I had a 2 serious leaks..it fixed them all..not cheap though 40.00 on sale on ebay..Marine Tex has a lot of different products..you want the epoxy that mixes and looks like white puddy...that works..hard as concrete when dried
Old 01-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by userdavid77
My boat was not turning off with the key. We had to disconnect the fuel to have it run out. I was told I needed to replace the ignition switch. I swapped out my ignition switch. That didn't work. I saw the second switch that was a kill switch. I cut that switch out and tried to hard wire. After that, the boat never started again. I think it really need a boat repair and I tried to contact some repairmen but I guess boat repair men not found everywhere. Please men help me; my fishing work is strucking down due to this problem.

Boat Repair
Power pack was the original problem. they have a ground short built in, when the key is turned off, it shorts to ground and kills the ignition system.