Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
things heating up already >

things heating up already

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

things heating up already

Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default things heating up already

saw several post with some of the partcipants of our liitle derby already catchin some decent fish, looks like it may be a stellar year!!!!!

good luck everybody, and tight lines
Old 02-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope its heating up down here but staying cool over there for you, haha, j/k.

Good luck to everybody in the tourny though, I wish everybody only the best.

On a side note, it looks like our temperatures went from the mid 70's yesterday, down to the low 20's tonight. Its safe to say that I won't be fishing for the next few days
Old 02-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

yeh the weather took a big change from what we had this past weekend, temps in the 60's and now temps in the 30-40's, cold rain off and on here today, but who's to say there not gonna hit what ya throw till you get that line wet!

Did get out today and went to Robby's Army store and picked up some hip boots, gonna get out there and sain for them lil helgrimites for small mouth and good ole catfish!

God Bless and Good Luck yall!

Lance_23
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Don't listen to MTHands..he's trying to make you all feel good..then he's gone slap a couple big fish on ya...He's the pro of this little Derby..He's got experience..a super fishiing hole and the best boat on here ..and he aint sharing any secrets..
Old 02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by m.t.hands
saw several post with some of the partcipants of our liitle derby already catchin some decent fish, looks like it may be a stellar year!!!!!

good luck everybody, and tight lines
Me thought that you might want to share a little heat by sending it up this way for a while... Like a couple of months worth... LOL..

It is freezing up here still with around a foot of ice on our lakes and so much snow we just do not need anymore this year.. We are supposed to get hammered again tomorrow.. Ahh Heck it still ice fishing season!! So when I get a chance I will be setting out a few tip-ups and a jig stick.. LOL.. Good Luck to all and as the man says tight lines!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Me thought that you might want to share a little heat by sending it up this way for a while... Like a couple of months worth... LOL..

It is freezing up here still with around a foot of ice on our lakes and so much snow we just do not need anymore this year.. We are supposed to get hammered again tomorrow.. Ahh Heck it still ice fishing season!! So when I get a chance I will be setting out a few tip-ups and a jig stick.. LOL.. Good Luck to all and as the man says tight lines!
How much snow did this storm deliver to ya'll?

Here in West Michigan we got over 20inches in 12 hours... Most cities shut right down.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by buckhunter14
How much snow did this storm deliver to ya'll?

Here in West Michigan we got over 20inches in 12 hours... Most cities shut right down.
It hit here around 9am and has so far dropped around 12 inches of the white stuff in my area. We still have more of it coming down until around 5am. Although we are not expecting much more of it. We could still end up with arouns 6 inches more. The biggest problem for us is the blowing and drifting of it all. I am guessing around 5 feet of the stuff in the woods right now though. That will make it tough on our deer herd.. A side from that we are used to snow..
Old 02-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

hope you guys are alright...take care it'll be spring soon
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

THATS CRAZY AMOUNTS OF SNOW!!!!!

Ya'll please be safe, I sure would hate to win this tournament by default j/k
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Gangly
THATS CRAZY AMOUNTS OF SNOW!!!!!

Ya'll please be safe, I sure would hate to win this tournament by default j/k
LOL no need to worry about that my friend.. The ice is only around a foot thick when it should be at least two and a half feet thick right now..LOL The ice will go out early most likely..

Buckhunter we only got around the 12 inches I am thinking but hard to tell for sure with the way the wind blew it all around. Fluffy snow equals easy plowing.. Another storm coming in sometime on Saturday.. More plowing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.