Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
things heating up already >

things heating up already

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

things heating up already

Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
LOL no need to worry about that my friend.. The ice is only around a foot thick when it should be at least two and a half feet thick right now..LOL The ice will go out early most likely..

Buckhunter we only got around the 12 inches I am thinking but hard to tell for sure with the way the wind blew it all around. Fluffy snow equals easy plowing.. Another storm coming in sometime on Saturday.. More plowing!!

You have got that right Phil. We have had a good winter for snow until this storm, but cold. Very few days making it into the upper 20s. Most in the mid teens. We got about 20 inches of straight snow with drifts over 4 foot in some areas. Snow is so spotty though, as you said, because of the harsh winds. We have got snow forecasted 7 out of the next 8 days. Deer herd is getting hard up now!