Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Whats your favorite Rod and real combo you have? >

Whats your favorite Rod and real combo you have?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Whats your favorite Rod and real combo you have?

Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

lamiglas excel 704C with a 6.4:1 rick clunn signature series reel

going to be adding a bps pro qualifier 7.1:1 with a 7'H extrem rod for pitching soon
Old 01-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by buckhunter14
I had two Tenacity's, neither lasted very long. Not the best made reel for durability in my eyes.
well i have had this reel for a little over a year now and so far it has done me very well, i got the combo at dicks sporting goods and for 80 bucks it was hard to pass up, and i have had and no that quantium has very good products, but like anything, every one has there preferance.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Wish list..I wish I had more MH spinning rods...
Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a baitcaster that Chuck7 has been trying to teach me how to use.. I just can not get the hang of those rods..LOL I have been trying to but those darn back lashes. I absolutely hate the backlashes every time I turn around. Perhaps I am trying to cast it to hard?? I just do not know about those things.
Now with open face I do not have hardly any problems at all. Closed face hardly any issues. The biggest issues I have with the open and closed face is line twisting and a simple change of line and the problem is gone.
My idea of the best rod is the fly rod. Those fly rods can catch any kind of fish if you present your flys right. I have caught some good fish on one of those things even limited out on white perch using one before. Bluegills you would have a blast praticing using a flyrod on them. Just take a small popper and pop it along the water and the gills are on. Anyways the point in being is we all have our own way of fishing and as long as we enjoy it, it doesn't really matter none to me.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil,
It's very possible that you got a bad reel..I've had a few that I could not cast either..I like my 100.00 Revo..but some guy on here influenced me to buy the Revo SP that was 150.00..It was terrible..every cast was a birdenet no matter how I adjusted it..Then I did a review..and many had the same problem..I quickly took off the line and returned it back to Walmart..I would rather have a 100.00 open faced reel than any baitcaster on the market..I've had 2 terrible Garcia baitcasters and 1 horrible Browning..so it may be the reel ..not you. There realy is no need for baitcasters..with the exception of BIG crankbaits..I wish I had all open faced reels..I love them.

As far as line memory..mine only does that when I use a ribbon tail or similiar type rubber worm or Rooster Tail inline spinner.

Here's how to fix those problems...

A Rubber worms...I have extra spools for most of my spinning reels. I have power pro on a spare for worming..Power Pro has no memory..

B.Inline spinners..I went to Bass Pro and found some tiny snap swivels..that cured that problem.

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-23-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lance_23
well i have had this reel for a little over a year now and so far it has done me very well, i got the combo at dicks sporting goods and for 80 bucks it was hard to pass up, and i have had and no that quantium has very good products, but like anything, every one has there preferance.
I understand. Quantum is my favorite brand, but Tenacity is a lower end product of Quantum. I got mine on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods for 39.99 I believe. Lasted about a year and the bearings wore out...
Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Phil,
It's very possible that you got a bad reel..I've had a few that I could not cast either..I like my 100.00 Revo..but some guy on here influenced me to buy the Revo SP that was 150.00..It was terrible..every cast was a birdenet no matter how I adjusted it..Then I did a review..and many had the same problem..I quickly took off the line and returned it back to Walmart..I would rather have a 100.00 open faced reel than any baitcaster on the market..I've had 2 terrible Garcia baitcasters and 1 horrible Browning..so it may be the reel ..not you. There realy is no need for baitcasters..with the exception of BIG crankbaits..I wish I had all open faced reels..I love them.
I think baitcasters are very necessary. The ratio is much greater than that of spinning reels. I could live without them for Bass fishing, but when your fighting a fresh Salmon in the river, you need the power.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Rod= Garcia 7' Tournament......Reel=Diawa Anniversary "Red" Zillion 7.3

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 01-23-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW..7.3 ratio .that is nice...
That would be my crankin real...get her down quick with that one.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by buckhunter14
I think baitcasters are very necessary. The ratio is much greater than that of spinning reels. I could live without them for Bass fishing, but when your fighting a fresh Salmon in the river, you need the power.
LOL The fly rod is the best rod every made for Salmon IMO.. I have caught a few of them I must say. When fishing for Salmon in the rivers you would be hard pressed to beat a fly rod on them. I enjoy catching Atlantics on one and having them run off a lot of line and then come flying out of the water. Landlocks are nice to catch on them as well but the Atlantics are much bigger normally..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.