Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

2011 Bass Tournament

Old 01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Ehh, I guess I will leave it be then C7. Good luck out there tomorrow fellas

Your understanding is greatly appreciated my friend. { -; I also appreciate all you bring to the board..you live in such a wonderful place..I have to fight off the sin of coveteousness { -;
Old 01-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Ehh, I guess I will leave it be then C7. Good luck out there tomorrow fellas

Your understanding is greatly appreciated my friend. { -; I also appreciate all you bring to the board..you live in such a wonderful place..I have to fight off the sin of coveteousness { -;
Everything but big largemouth's...
Old 01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Your place reminds me of some sweet spots I had in Maryland but 10 times better...
It would be nice if we were in a position to do a fishing swap..but we aren't ..but would be nice..Nice if I had a bass boat you could fish Lake Toho for a week..and I could catch salmon and trout..with a guided fly rod trip..
Nice to dream.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

I feel the same way, i dont like contraversy, speacily when i share the same love for something that others do as well, id rather have friends than win something. Went to walmart lil bit ago and done some grocery shopping and picked me up a nice scale they had there, its a berkley 50lb scale and its dead on from what i have tested, i took a thing of cheese that weight in at 8 oz and hung it from the hole in the pack, and it nailed it dead on at 8 oz, i paid a lil over $20 for the scale but if its dead on and it can weigh up to 50 lb then i say its a perty good deal, and it has tear and 10 save spots for record keeping.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds good Lance. { -;

It's about 1;30 AM...I couldn't sleep ..not because of depression..but because I feel energized..anyway I thought..Hey I need to re-calibrate my scale..

I had a light grocery bay plastic and weighed the following..I was happily surprized..and I just have a cheap Rapala spring scale..9.99 four years ago.

1 1/4 pound bag of Sara Lee Bagels...weighed 1 1/4

2 pound sealed box of chicken broth....weighed 2 pounds

5 pounds of raw honey.....weighed 5 pounds.

Honey and broth combined..weighed 7 pounds.

Dag Durn...I'm set and very happy. The black pointed mark is hard to read..so a long time a go, I took a tooth pick and painted a thin white line to see the fine marks..you do need glasses to read this ..the marks are very small.

here she is..

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-29-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

yeh they had a gauge type scale there for around 10 and it was made by berkley but i figured id go ahead and get the digital one.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

It's Jan.30th,
Still too early here.

Tried jigs, fluke, rubber worm Texas and Carolina ....spinner bait..nothing

Highlights..gorgeous weather, close view of a blue-gray gnat catcher
close encounter with a large gator..I saw him dive off the shore ..it was a surprize for both of us when he sufaced right in front of my boat.LOL

Blue gray gnat catcher..very common in the winter months..

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-30-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Nice photo Chuck! My nephew and i also went today and didn't catch anything, tried some other lures and such but still couldn't get a bite, guess they wasn't hungry today.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry to hear that guys, hopefully it gets better for you on your next time out. I will be heading out tomorrow morning for an hour before work to see if I can catch something on a topwater. A low in the high 50's with the temps in the 70's all day today should put them in the eating mood, especially with a front coming through tomorrow.

I'm actually very surpised you didnt catch a fish Chuck. The bite is slow down here but it isnt lockjaw
Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Dominant Buck

no problem..it's fun be humbled. LOL
actually it happened likr this last year..I struck out 7 times..then BOOM they came alive..Saddle Creek is deep..the shallow lakes get started sooner..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.