Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Any ice-fishermen here? >

Any ice-fishermen here?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Any ice-fishermen here?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Where in Illinios are you Tracker? I'm down in Lawrence county. I haven't been brave enough to step out on the water around here yet. It's been doing the freeze/thaw routine and I'm guessing it isn't too solid.

I love ice fishing, but we usually just catch a bunch of miniature bluegills in our pond. East Fork Lake is just a few miles away, and there are tons of crappie a bunch of nice walleye in there, but it doesn't usually freeze enough to do anything. And as far as an auger, mine is a wooden handle with a sharp piece of steel on the end of it. The axe does fine for my one trip per year average. Augers are nice though...

rw
Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thumbs up

Well I went and bought my new ice auger.. They had told me they did not have a Stealth in 10 inch size. Well it turned out they in fact did and I bought it for the same price as a 9 inch regular ice auger. It is a new Jiffy 10 inch 3500 Pro and now it is time to try it out..
Old 01-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

i ice fish, mainly sandy pond aka north pond in NY. mostly for panfish, mainly perch and bluegills