HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Loading up for Spring (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/336371-loading-up-spring.html)

mbhutton 01-16-2011 05:02 PM

I have all the bass rods and reels i need, I'm gonna try tying my own jigs this year. I wanna get a few crapppie rods and reels and start to catch them.

Chuck7 01-16-2011 11:34 PM

Most crappie fishermen just use a 1o foot or longer cane pole..unless you are using jigs..as I'm leaning to this morning..then an ultra light reel on a flemzy rod is best..

you can jig them 3 different ways..

A. Find a good spot.and simply stay there bouncing lightly your jig off the bottom of the lake.

B. Throw out 3 rods...and troll on #1 speed slow...right off the bottom..when rod bends reel in fish.

C. put a bobber above the jig..keeping the jig just off the bottom.

All three work fine..the water type demands which style I'll use..and the wind as well { -;

Chuck7 01-23-2011 06:43 AM

"added a few rods, home-made....with micro guides we'll see how we like them soon;)

as far as reels, i bought the wife a couple of the curado's if i were buying one for myself i'd opt for the 5.1:1 ratio but thats just me, i'll be sticking with my trusty 4500 and 4600's;)

baits, will be trying some new stuff but by no means abandon tried and true baits"
Pro Bass Fisherman..MTHands

MT...you are the toughest one on here to compete with..you always find a way to get er done. I still wish we could fish together one day..but the way gas prices are going..I seriously dobt that. I appreciate you and the Mrs. joining us again this year..you always raise the bar..making us fish harder. { -;
Sincerely,
Chuck B

m.t.hands 01-24-2011 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 3762377)
"added a few rods, home-made....with micro guides we'll see how we like them soon;)

as far as reels, i bought the wife a couple of the curado's if i were buying one for myself i'd opt for the 5.1:1 ratio but thats just me, i'll be sticking with my trusty 4500 and 4600's;)

baits, will be trying some new stuff but by no means abandon tried and true baits"
Pro Bass Fisherman..MTHands

MT...you are the toughest one on here to compete with..you always find a way to get er done. I still wish we could fish together one day..but the way gas prices are going..I seriously dobt that. I appreciate you and the Mrs. joining us again this year..you always raise the bar..making us fish harder. { -;
Sincerely,
Chuck B

:D i believe you added that last part as i assure you i'm nothing but a hacker:wink:

we may make it down your way soon, Jason (our middle boy) is stationed @ Mcdill AFB:wink:

as far as the fishin, i just want everbody to catch fish and have a good time:happy0001:

Chuck7 01-24-2011 04:57 AM

i just want everbody to catch fish and have a good time:happy0001:
MTHands..

In the past..I didn't think like that....very competitive..I can honestly agree with Keith..I hope everyone does good and that I get beat this year..Keith...Matt wants to get the boat before spawning season..so I'm looking hard. I want to take you all out to dinner Keith if your in the area..If i have a decent boat by then..your welcome to take your son out and fish..
C7