Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Great Lunch!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great Lunch!

We finally got the cooler air in 3-4 days ago and the temperature/weather has stabilized. The water temperature has dropped and in some of the clearer waters I fish, you can see the bass wandering the banks again searching for food. The weather was soooo nice, and the wind was non existant, so I decided to go out on lunch today to see what I could catch. I hooked up a rod with a swim jig and another with a worm, and headed out.

First cast with the swim jig and I hook up with a fish. A few seconds later he comes unbuttoned and thats all she wrote for the swim jig for the rest of the day. I cast out the worm and let it drop to the bottom. The water is so clear today that I see a smaller bass zero in on the worm from 15 feet away and charge over to it. He inhales it and I set the hook. The bass is shorter than the 10 inch worm. I throw him back and cast again. Second cast with the worm and I hookup again. The fight is a little better with this one but he comes in just the same before being released to fight another day. I walk a little further down the bank, make a few more casts, and bring in a few more fish. All in all, 8 bass in about 30 minutes of fishing. None over 2.5 lbs, but the fishing was fun and never got boring so it made for an exciting lunch.

Anyways, this cooler weather has turned them on down here, so if you all get a chance, go hit your local waters and try to do a little fishing, odds are that the fall bite has kicked in wherever you are.

Good Luck Guys!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cant complain about that! I wish I could do that on my lunch break. Great Job!