Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Best Bass Baits This Year.. >

Best Bass Baits This Year..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Best Bass Baits This Year..

Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Best Bass Baits This Year..

OK guys/girls

For this year..2010..what were your top consistant baits?

Mine were

#1 7 1/2 inch Black Culpret Worm..with rattle inserts..light texas rig set up..1/8 bullet sinker or 1/8th split shot..4/0 Mustad worm hook..the old fashioned kind..Straight shank

#2 The spinnerbait..1/4 ounce terminator body ..and I put 2 gold willow leaves on her..when I could.

That's basically it...two lures.

Disappointments were horny toad and Rooster tail..but will stay in the line up.{ -; as well as the jig..
The Worm and the Spinnerbait made the All-Star team [

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-25-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I used mostly those worms you sent me this year and they worked great. Also some live frogs worked OK as well. But my best luck was the good old nightcrawler..LOL I did have some success with Hoola Poppers along the edge of the lilly pads as well just popping them along to look like a frog.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Number of Fish: Senkos

Quality of Fish: Football Jigs, Skirts, and Yum craw trailers

Best Up and Coming Bait: Zoom Brush Hog/Baby Brush, for lunkers.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

It depends really for me.

Looking at my log book, these are my results...

Most Productive was a KaRu Lures Vibrashock (Chatterbait), but once the summer heat hit, the chatterbait died off quicly. I caught so many in pre-spawn, spawn, and post-spawn though, that the numbers of fish caught on it have easily eclipsed all other lures for me this year. The rapid decline in the numbers of fish caught on it since summer hit hard might have something to do with the water clearing up and heating up a lot over the summer. Behind the chatterbait is the jig. I have caught a lot of fish with the jig this year, and the quality of the fish has been nice.

My Best Day of fishing came off of a Bomber Model B Crankbait (2 Doubles in 2 Casts, with many bass caught after wards), but I never really caught anything else on it the rest of the year.

My Most Consistent producing lures were two 10" worms, Berkely and ZOOM. WHen it got real slow, I would throw on the worm, and it would produce. Generally, it would produce quality fish, but I have pulled in bass that were shorter than the worm.

I guess, If I had to pic three, my best lures this year were the 10" worm, the chatterbait, and the jig.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I read an article last night in the Maine Sportmans paper that stated the Burkley Gulp was the best lure going on largemouths up here. It stated to fish with it early in the morning underneath the schools of white perch during mid August to early September. It says the bass are following the perch around waiting for one to mess up to have easy pickings. They will be down in average of 20 feet of water swimming along with them. I will have to try and remember this for next years tourney.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-02-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's interesting. Down here in Texas, Berkley GULP is a joke when it comes to bass fishing, but does real well in the bays. Berkley Powerbaits on the other hand are pretty prominent in tackle boxes of bass fishermen around here.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

All I can say is that is what the article read. We also do not have much in terms of all that hydrilla stuff up here in our lakes. Maybe that is why? Most of our lakes only have some lilly pads or pickeral grass and that is about it. There is only 1 lake that I know of that has any hydrilla at all. All the article reads about is those large large mouths folliwing below the white perch waiting for a perch to mess up and become lunch. They stated that is why the gulp will work on a slow troll underneath them. I can say that my biggest smallmouth bass were when I was trying to get a few perch however.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Spike

Pb&j and pumpkin 5" senko's have produced fish each day for me. Top water a strike king 3xl craw in a pumpkin color. Biggest fish was a smallie on a daredevil spoon.

Disappointment was a chartreuse jig head with a chartreuse mister twisty grub on it. Caught a few early spring but not much since.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Spike

10" black and blue worm from the gheenoe shop.
texas rigged.
100 per bag. only 10 bucks or so. pretty good deal.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Each year may vary some..but one thing for sure..the ole rubber worm is always #1.We may differ in sizes ,colors ,and presentation techniques but that lure will always be HOT.

My favorite colors is tied between All black and Christmas tree { a form of the Junebug} but more darker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.