Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
7 more with some better size.. >

7 more with some better size..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

7 more with some better size..

Old 07-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Default 7 more with some better size..

OK ..according to the depth finder there were 3 nice sized?? who knows right??by the tree over there.[ -; ..It's 5:45AM still dark I zip over there as fast as I can..make a cast at the submerged tree...big tap..pulling sideways..fish on..and #1 bass 20 inches 3 1/2 pounds boated..and released.fish is the first bass pic below..

Then..a man I promiced to take fishing a month ago shows up in his truck..he can barely walk..bad knee..He'd be begging me to take him out..I drive back to where I put in at..and help the 63 year old stranger to the back seat..he's wobbly and shaking all over..I'm wondering if this is a good idea..with my 10 foot jon..

I now head across to my spots..the first 2 spots we struck out..The 3rd spot got me my 2nd bass a small 12 incher..
The stranger { Charlie} is so week and physically disabled..he couldn't set the hook if his life depended on it..he missed 3 .

Now we hit my 4th spot a sandbar infested with hydrilla weed. I catch numbers 3, 4, 5 , and 6 right here, Charlie can not get a fish....He doesn't set the hook AND is beginning to run his mouth alot..my patience wore out and then I nicely..told him to shut up and fish..He got the message and calmed down.

As we hid off the sand bar I make one more cast..tap tap Set..GOOD FISH..and #7 just under the 4 pound mark..bottom picture..I had 3 more taps but came up short..My bait was the rest of my black culprets...then I found 3 Christmas Tree gambler worms. I'm using up my reserve before I buy more.

This first fish was in the dark 3 1/2 pounds 20 inches..I wanted to see if the camera works in the dark..it does..LOL

This one was just under 4 pounds..

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-23-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great fish there C7, there sure is a difference in the bite/fight between them 1.5s and a 4lb fish, gotta love it!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I was educated today as well.Guess what..I 'm going to start my fishing an hour to an hour and 1/2 earlier...with a Therma Cell for mosquitoes and a 357 for the big lizards..The big hawgs aren't so shy in the dark..neither are th egators.. ] - ;

Two lures come to mind...rubber worm...and one's favorite top water..plan..
Cast the worm let it sit...make a good cast or 2 with the topwater..then bump the worm in..REPEAT and hold on.. { - ;
Old 07-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats again C7,

I am heading out for around an hour and a half of fishing for both Large and Small Mouths. I will be taking live bait along as well as those rubber worms you sent me. I will mostly be trolling slowly along as to cover more ground out there. The Lake I will be fishing is quite big and holds some big bass of both species..
Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

God bless Phil
Hope ya get a luners or 2...Your due to post some pics..{ -;
Old 07-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

great fish chuck, keep em' comming love your stories lol
Old 07-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Storm,
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ice fish! im not really catching anything up here in ga lately. i have been going for cats mostly but fish for bass while waiting and get few bites
Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice fish C7
Old 07-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Partner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.