Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
fishing for bass at night >

fishing for bass at night

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

fishing for bass at night

Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some Top Waters to Try:
Heddon Tiny Torperdo, Smithwick Devil's Horse, Zara Spook, Hula Popper, ***Jitterbug***, Storm Rattlin' Chug Bug, Rebel Pop-R, any buzz bait as long as it is black, Horny Toad, Stanley Ribbit

Sub Surface:
10" Worm, Mop Jig, a regular jig with a large trailer like a Rage Lobster or a Brush Hog, Brush Hog, Beaver style baits, Rage Tail Smokin' Rooster
(Basically anything with a large profile that will displace large amounts of water)
Old 07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

how would a 7 inch trick worm do? also a very large booyah "top secret" (yetg they are putting it out there) black spinnerbait with bronze willow blades
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant beat a Huge zara spook in white, buzzbaits are alright, jitterbugs, frogs, chugs, propbaits, poppers, anything that walks the dog is my favorite. it will also keep you nice and busy. topwater is the way to go. also you can try a spinnerbait with a big colorado blade
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't have alot of experience but here's what I got and was successfulll

Night Fishing ...you don't want to run and gun..you need to go to a place where you know there are bass..Night fishing gives you the advantage of covering up stuff like line and the big ones are less hesitant on biting..they still don't eat like humans so fronts and moon phases are still a factor....If the water is more than 6 foot deep..I use a nice 7-8 inch worm with rattles..and a spincast..backlashes come easy in the dark..

If your hot spot has shallow water ..top water is a BLAST!

The fish are no doubt bigger in the dark whether it be late PM or early AM
MANY local pros here in Florida when looking for a 10 pounder..fish at night..they are diffently easier to catch..

Nice little night fishing video clip..couple decent bass..on a 10 inch Power Worm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVC72MV3YM

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-23-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lures on the surface, at night (hopefully calm water), attract fish from a diameter of 30 feet, thus, the more commotion (in an orderly sense) te better. Can't beat top water in the dark, with the exception of during or after a cold front, IMO.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I 've got a confession...I'm a little scared of night fishing in Florida..The gators are very active at night..IN the day time you will see 1 swimmming away from ya..At night there will be 6 swimming to your boat checking you out..

I plan to go to walmart in 10 minutes to buy the biggest 357 rounds I cn get and stock up on some Culpret black worms.

I'll wear my LaCrosse hunting boots..snakes..jeans instead of shorts..long sleeve for the mosquitoes and bring the good ole Thermo Cell..My goal is to dock the boat at 5:00AM...stil a little scared to go earlier..It stays dark now till 6:10 AM..I can hit 2 spots real good in that time..
I'll hit the tree spot..and also a hidden channel spot between 2 islands..both of these areas show big fish..

I'll bring 2 rods..top water and worm and that is it..Power Pro on both.

I also have a back up spool for my other spinning reels with Power Pro..I'll go check to make sure..if not I'll buy some ..

I plan to go tomorrow unless it rains..We are currently getting moisture from Tropical Storm Bonney.

This tactic should bring out the big ones...especially on the next new moon.,

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-23-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would be very nervous in your situation as well Chuck. To me it wouldn't be worth it to fight the gators in order to catch a fish. I would much rather let the gators eat them and not me.

a hidden channel spot between 2 islands
Although I do not know a heck of alot about gators. This place I would use extreme caution when entering in or out during a night fishing trip. Be carefull we enjoy your fishing stories about your trips down there.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate your concern Phil...

I tried to get Matt to go with me but he said he was too tired but plans to go Sunday morning.

I went to Walmart and got prepared...

Best 357 load I could get
ThermaCell ready and I tried it..it works
3 rods equipped with Power Pro all spinning rods
by the way..my 2nd best rods are Lightning rods..they are very good too.{ -;
Walmart was out of black worms so I got Culpret balck Pearl ..plus I'm bringing Gangly's worms..a nice 10 inch Christmas Tree type..standing in as the Designated Hitter
Extra head lamp in working condition

SET UP

3 rods...A. 7 inch Christmas Tree Gambler Worm
B. Horny Toad.
C. Possibly Buzz bait..not sure on 3rd spare rod

Legally ..I can't be in the park waters before 5;00AM ..so I'm only going to be out there in the dark for 1 hour in 10 minutes.

I know there are big bass out there and I can't see no other way to get one..I've tried everything...except dynamite
Hey..

I may need a bigger gun.. great oh big Colt 44 cowboy special ..

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-23-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Same ole pattern..the days leading to the FULL MOON ..very good. Day of the Full Moon..slacks off.

I got 3 in the boat..I forgot my 7 inch worms at home..only used 10inchers..missed alot of dinks I;m sure..Biggest was a 2 pounder..good night guys..I'm tired..

night fishin aint what it's cracked up to be.. I'll try an evening night trip the next time.

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-24-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Have a good nap and I am glad a gator didn't have a lunch with you. I am heading to work the next 9 or 12 nights in a row. No night fishing for me until maybe Thursday or Friday I might do some perch fishing at night. I normally catch a pile of those as well as a few large bass then. I am thinking your evening fishing trip may prove to be a little better. Perch fishing is that is for sure. Just as the sun is dropping down into the trees the perch start hitting.. Good Luck to you..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.