Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
My new depth finder video taped.. >

My new depth finder video taped..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

My new depth finder video taped..

Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default My new depth finder video taped..

I like this little tool.It has put me on fish and I've boated around 25 bass in the last 3 outings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAYHcbEDgU
Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a neat video Chuck. Are the multiple lines on the bottom of the graph the tops of weeds or soft sediment or what? Can you tell with the graph what kind of bottom is beneath you? Again, very neat tool/toy!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

First..let me tell ya what happened this morning....well hold on ..got to say this first..My depth finder is set on big fish...when a big fish comes an alram goes off..it generally does not go off at all..normal fish are about 1/4 inch long..the MONSTERS are a solid inch and you rarely see one..saw one this morning] -;

I pushed my boat off the bank and sensing in my spirit to try right beside a certain island..the alarm goes off..it's 5:50 AM and big fish are straight down 20 foot deep..I drive away and stop ..I cast a Strike King Spinner bait..I go to lift the rod tip..BANG ...SNAP! broke off..I'm sick..I bumped my butt off there..no more bites there...then I go to some decent spots I have and boated 9 ..lost a few too[ -;

To answer your question ..I really don't know..I know stuff coming up off the bottom is hydrilla ..There are always fish in these hydrill clumps in deep water..I can also say the finder runs on 6 AA batteries..they only last about 16 hours tops..went dead yesterday...oh well..I carry extra batteries...buyt no Aaron;;I can't tell if the ground is sandy or rock..wished I could, You are supposed to be able to but I havn't did my homework yet.LOL..

Negatives..

-Batteries don't last that long
- When driving faster than #2 speed it shakes

Positives..
- puts you on fish
- gives you depth
- shows structure
- and lets you decide the size of fish to sound off the alarm
-temperature

yes ..I would recvcomend this to a friend[ -;
Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

**deleted**
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Brett..and yes..mine has that option
Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang you replied fast, lol, I was just about to reword the whole thing to see if it made better sense to you because its hard to explain without you seeing it in person....
Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

LOL I do beleive the heavier lines are the more solid bottomes and the dotted lighter lines are the more sandier bottoms..
When studing the bottoms..I look for

Vegetation growing off the bottoms or brush piles..these always hold fish..I read a long time ago that most bass stay in water between 3- 10 feet deep..I find this to be very true..

Drop offs and channels..I caught most of yesterdays and todays fish in a channel between 2 weedy submerged islands..I knew there had to be fish ther..I anchored and bumped a worm slowly especially when going through the weeds..many times I felt no bump..I simply saw the line slowly swimming away..

Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

The depth finder is still working but gave me a scare this morning...

The bottom was pure black..and it was showing no fish ar all all day..] -: BUMMER!!

I fooled with it off and on..changed batteries ..wiped off the transducer..still bold black and no fish..

Figured it our Praise the Lord
I went to the settings...clicked on CONTRAST..and turned the BLACK LINE OFF...and then it went back to normal..som ehow the settngs were off.

Over all oout of the 5 depth finders I've had..this is the best by far..for 110.00 can't beat it.I only changed the 6 AA batteried once and the first 6 were RAYOVAC..e/lcheaposmLOL now I got the bunny rabbit battereis
Still going.{ -;
Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is a nice fish finder you have yourself Chuck. I have never seen one mounted quite like that one. Now if I thought the batteries would hold up during our cold winter months I would invest in one. As it would surely be usefull during our ice fishing months as well. The worst thing about them is that they can find the fish but will not make them bite any..
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm shocked on the 2nd set of batteries..

First set of batteries was a joke..3 outings

I was still on the 2nd set..and was out about 10 times on it..Now..when I'm anchored..I shut it off. Also, I just use the lighted background in the dark..Set up ..a 5 year old could do it..that's the best part.

Got to go partner...4 :03 AM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.