HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Got a nice one this morning..{ -; (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/324825-got-nice-one-morning.html)

Chuck7 06-22-2010 07:24 AM

Got a nice one this morning..{ -;

Tuesday..4 days before full moon.Went to Saddle Creek...boated 7
She was 6 pounds 4 ounces 25 inches long..

Gangly 06-22-2010 08:21 PM

awesome chuck!!! Definately a big bertha. one or two more of those and you will have this competition in the bag. More importantly though, glad you were finally able to get on big fish. I know you were worried earlier in the year about the large dieoff in the waters in your area but now you know some bigguns defintely survived :)

Chuck7 06-22-2010 09:02 PM

I'm still looking for Mrs. 10 pounder..I had another good one yesterday that broke off .{ THAT SHOULDN"T HAVE BROKE OFF} ] -; I was using Trilene Flourocarbon as a leader...That spool is now at the bottom of the lake..The fish wasn't even pulling hard and broke off.. This fish in the picture broke off once..I retied and caught her again..IMHO This is the best week of June..Sat. is the full moon. God willing I'lll be out all week up to the full moon..I noticed altot of fish on my depthfinder...but after 10 AM most of those fish went down under the hydrilla..into the weeds about 8-12 inches deep..I could see them on my fish finder.The fish finder has helped alot..I've found alot of new places...islands in the middle of no where..I stopped yesterday and turned around and caught 3 on a rubber worm in situations like that..apart from a depth finder you would bever knew the islands were there..Anywhere I found weedy structure I found bass,

This little gem here is awesome..you can turn the mount to fasten the depth finder the other way and the mount can also be fastened permanently on the boat in which mine is..looking again at the fish picture you can see this finder mounted on the left of the trolling motor area..I have the ccheapest model..super easy to set up and best one I've owned...cheap in price but very nice. Today I'll make a video of the fish finder in action and how it's mounted on the boat.

Phil from Maine 06-23-2010 02:32 AM

Congrats Chuck and good luck with your upcoming fishing plans. I am hoping to hit into the monster smallmouths soon as the water is warming up some now. The cold water fishing is starting to get pretty slow.:happy0001:

Chuck7 06-23-2010 07:24 AM

Thanks Phil,
Wednesday..3 days before full moon.I boated 9 more this morning..two were weighed chunky 3 pounders...:biggrin:
Working on my wife's car right now..
Tight lines,[ -;
C7

Chuck7 06-24-2010 08:42 AM

Thursday..2 days before full moon..7 more this morning..biggest went 3 1/4 pounds..off a

Bassassassinblackworm?
Fish were in 8-12 foot weedy structure..fished worm very slow..

Phil from Maine 06-25-2010 02:46 AM

It sure sounds like your laying into them now Chuck! Congrats! and I hope it continues for you until you can catch that big one..

Chuck7 06-25-2010 07:55 AM

Thanks Phil

Friday 1 day before full moon

9 bass boated...missed a monster..broke my spinnerbait off..

This was the lure of the week. Black and Green bass assassin Worm 6 inch

Oneshot7 06-25-2010 08:50 AM

She is a beauty ;)

buffdmac 06-25-2010 11:08 AM

Nice fish dad, it must be great to have the whole summer off work. Plenty of time to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I have to go fishing and pass you up, in weight, fish weight that is