Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Fish Hook ..then and now >

Fish Hook ..then and now

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fish Hook ..then and now

Old 06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

no rivers Brett but over 100 lakes of all sizes..all within 20 miles..
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well that works better, IDK I just like fishing a river system with moving tidal water in the summer time because it makes the fish more aggressive becasue the water is cooler, where as in a lake, it just boils unless it rains.........
Sounds like you got your self a nice one today anyways.... Congrats buddy..... Puttin the trolling motor on my boat this week along with a new bigger deck, Ill be set then....
Old 06-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I've found that a fish finder makes a huge difference..especaily in a big area..I learned something yesterday...before 10AM the fish were mostly suspended aobut 1 to 2 feet off the bottom..BUT after 10AM when the sun was hot water temperature at 84 degreess...the fish were under the surface in the weeds..some about a foot deep..so they would never see your lure. anywhere there was a brush pile or island ...there were fish. I have a very inexpensive portable Hummingbird but it had great reviews..this is my 5th fish finder..and also my best simply because of it's easy use and does everything I wanted it for...fish , structure read and water depth.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-22-2010 at 09:38 PM.