Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Fish Hook ..then and now >

Fish Hook ..then and now

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fish Hook ..then and now

Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Fish Hook ..then and now

Note how weedless the lake was 2 years ago..This is Matt. By the way..we boated 65 bass in 2 days this day during this picture.

Below is how the lake looks today..You can see what happens when boats bring weeds in from other lakes..I boated 8 today..biggest I'd estimate at 3.0

See the video of Fish Hook today..2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNZmqgzBXDw

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-11-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is A LOT of algea. Not sure how you would fish cranks without getting them coverd in slop when they land.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Dominant Buck

It''s not Algae Aaron..it's duck weed and has a 2 inch root..when the wind blows it goes to one side..today there was no wind and it looked like...well you saw it. The hardest part it gets all over your line..I missed about 5 fish today because my line was thick with the duck weed..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

We have had a few lakes with weeds being transferd from lake to lake by boats and trailers. We now have laws in place to try and stop this stuff from spreading. All boats and trailers must be inspected once pulled from the water. If you get caught hauling any part of a weed down the road it can result into some pretty hefty fines.. This type of stuff has to be controlled..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, is their any way to manage the duckweed? Scrapes, or sprays? Would seem to be a rather large nuisance having to deal with that stuff day in and day out.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's what the experts say..Sorry but it's not my lake to clean up..

Summary..the lake is simply very fertile and it simply needs cleaned up accordin gto these guys..

2 minute video guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=0NsT...eature=related
Old 06-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is another video of spreading weeds around.. This one is about millfoil that has been put out up here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbYjk6ZtaS4
Old 06-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a couple of sprays you can buy for it but it is pretty pricey, so its best to treat it as soon as you see it. This is a prime example of why it should be necessary to wash your boat after every outing, so that your favorite fishing hole doesnt end up like fish hook.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I went there Friday..there was big DEAD bass everywhere..I reported that to the proper authorities and she said she thinks the county sprayed the lake thinking it was hydrilla from above in the plane. I noticed alot of the duckweed was gone but lots of dead fish.My son bought me a fish finder for my birthday last week..I found some decent spots at Saddle Creek..I'm taking this week serious..[ -;
Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well thats no good, they should have tried to treat it a little bit earlier..... You dont have any good river systems to try out down there Chuck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.