Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Joining Bass

Old 05-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Joining Bass

Well guys ..I'm finally doing it after much thought..the good out weighs the bad..I;m joing the local Bass Masters. Tuesday the 25th of May.

Positives..
--get to fish famous lakes and be guided on each one..as a non boater..such as the Big O . Lake Kissemmee twice ,Iscapoka , Lake Toho and Lake Tarpon

-- they have a non boater that has won 65% of all the tournaments..so non boaters do have a chance.

-- if a non boater fishes every tournament..10 in all... he can automaticaaly go to The Bass master Classic..whereas the boater must qualify.

-- fun..most jack pots are at a minimum of 1800.00

--I will learn alot ..these guys are good.

Negatives..each tourny cost a total of 90.00 including the money given to the boater..hey it's just money. { -; you can't take it with ya..and a guided bass trip to the Big O would cost a whole lot more.

All tournaments are drawn by a computer..so you have a different boater / no boater everytime..

I'm really pumped..and if money is shy one month..than just don't fish ..you don't have to fish them all..

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-14-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Spike

congrats chuck
Old 05-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

good deal Chuck it will be a good learning experience and you'll get to fish some new water
Old 05-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Dominant Buck

well guys..just like last year...I've talked myself out of it..
Reasons...

#1 ..the felow I was talking to did say many use very bad language..using God's name in vain etc. etc..I can't stand that..Once I was with a fellow that took me fishing in a boat..Every paragraph was JESUS CERHRIST and God...it..I asked him to stop..he didn't .I told him to pull over to the shore line..he did..and I hitched hiked home..

#2//Since my wife retired my monthly allowance has gone from 250.00 to 100.00..a month .I really don't want to spend 80.00 of that at one time. LOL

#3. What really is the odds of me winning?. probably never..so why would I want to give my hard earned money away..

#4 Matt plans to buy a Bass Tracker..when that happens we can fish some bigger lakes

Summary..I'm not a risk taker..I do walk in faith when I sense God is leading..Fact ..I sensed this was a good thing but then the final test comes..One has to put their feelings up against what the Word says...Every Sunday is the day we formally worship Our Lord..and also the day when I generally don;t fish or hunt but spend time with the wife..All tournaments are scheduled to be on a Sunday...

Thanks for the replies..I wished I hadn't posted this until I was done brainstorming..BUT ...

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-16-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

you made the right choice, you would have been miserable if you hadnt changed your mind. Those bass trackers are nice, do you know what model he is looking at? Everytime i drive by Bass Pro i just stare at them, they sure do look nice!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Aaron,
I'm pretty much a loner..my older son calls me "A Buzz Kill" I'm from the old school.
It would be fun fishing out of a nice boat and different lakes..but to be honest..I've got some awesome places within 10 miles that can be accessed by jon boat.

My hook sets have gotten much better this year..I did adjust my drag...I've learned it's better to go a little loose on the drag than tight..I also plan to use the jig more..

Another lesson...bring a little bit of all your tackle..I could have kicked myself in the butt for not bringing my bluegill tackle Sat. i came up on some serious slabs..
so I now keep my Panther Martins and one ultra light on hand...
Old 05-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well maybe you will be able to financially in the future, and remember, even though their language may be bad, God may have put you there to be a light in the situation...... My Pastor tells me that all the time
Old 05-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Dominant Buck

even though their language may be bad, God may have put you there to be a light in the situation...... My Pastor tells me that all the time

This is very true..and why one must strive to have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying..because we find HIS Word instructing us to walk in both paths..

A. "Come out from among them and be ye separate ."

and

B. "Be in the World but not of it"

There is no right or wrong..it's all about what God is leading the individual to do...then in faith one obeys God..not only that..I lead a home church on Sundays//All tournaments are on Sundays..God's not taking a backseat to fishing. He deserves our utmost.