Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
ANY FLW Anglers out there >

ANY FLW Anglers out there

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

ANY FLW Anglers out there

Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default ANY FLW Anglers out there

was wondering if anyone had experience fishing in the FLW or even the entry BFL level tournaments and had any info on how to get started. Also about the B.A.S.S tournaments. I can't find anything about the divisions of the BASS. Where do you start in the BASS and how do you climb. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

with BASS you can join an afiliated club and work your way up, or you can fork out the dough and fish the invitationals, however anglers that have prieviously fished (already in the field) will be given first shot at a limited number of slots, the later in the season it is the easier it is to make it into the field (more people drop out)...years ago i fished some of both BASS and what used to be called the Redman tournament trail, now known as the walmart BFL ...

BASS, also has a W/E series..you can enter as a boater or no-boater and its a good way to "get into it" but be fore-warned, some of these guys may be a better fisherman than you, but there is also the chance they just have deeper pockets, and can afford to fish at the higher/more exspensive level...you may or may not be fishing with a "pro"

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/ look for walmart BFL series

http://www.abaproam.com/ this is the BASS W/E series site

here is how the BASS club affiliation used to work, you fish all year and make it to the top six of your club, then you fish on the state level, alabama has 4 qualifying state tournaments, when i lived in tx, we only got one shot at it...you have to finish in the top six in your state, then fish a divisional, yours would be SE, then you have to finish in the top six ( on your own, not team dependant) then one person from each region goes to the classic. best i can remember anyway

for me, best bet join a BASS affliliated club and have fun, or fish BFL's for a year or two you'll be amazed at how much you learn
Old 05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info MT
Old 05-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

im in a bass club I compete in BASS affiliated tournements i am also part of BASS though i am a junior angler
Old 05-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

I fish the college FLW tournaments
Old 05-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

first step in fishing most major tournaments... save up at least $100,000 a year.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

I disagree many of the professional anglers out there just worked their way up the ladder one tournament at the time. You start fishing as co anglers in small tournaments start winning, win a boat, get a couple sponsors under your belt. You definitely do not need $100,000 to start fishing big tournaments. Once you go pro you probably need that but you have sponsors and money from winning.