Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Attention musky freaks >

Attention musky freaks

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Attention musky freaks

Old 06-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Attention musky freaks

http://www.tackleboxohio.net/tboItem...TOKEN=73419817

If you haven' t tried this bait, you really need to check it out.

Don' t ask my why (you know how wierd muskies are), but this thing produces lots of muskies and some very big ones. Yesterday, I saw a 45 incher boated using this lure. Last Saturday, I boated 2 using this bait...both within 3 casts right after I put it on.

It dives to about 8 to 10 feet when casting and runs about 12 to 15 feet when trolling. Do NOT be mistaken by it' s rather small size...it is only the size of a bass crank bait, but it produces.

I was using the Tenn Shad pattern, and the guy that boated the 45 incher was using Fire Tiger...I just ordered 4 of the them, 2 for me and 2 for my fishing partner, Larry. I also ordered the new Lee Sisson Deep Woody in both Fire Tiger and Tenn Shad, which is about the size of a Bagley' s DB-08, but with the same very tight wobble and vibration.

The Lee Sisson bait are legendary around here, but previously were extremely difficult to find; was only available in small Mom and Pop bait shops for a long time.

The baits have and extremely tight wobble and vibration to them. The baits also have a wire through the lip and body so they' ll take the abuse of muskies without coming apart.

I also own the Style 41 in Tenn Shad which runs shallower, but I haven' t used it much to say how it produces. My gut feeling is that it does not have the same wobble, but that is not to say that it won' t produce on your waters.

In my opinon the prices are very reasonable as far as musky lure go, and the shipping and handling for my order also seemed reasonable.

(For those among us that are terminally cynical, I have no vested interest whatsoever in the website or the maker of the lures. I am just passing on info on what has proven to be a very successful musky bait. )
Old 06-22-2003, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Attention musky freaks

i' ve given up fishing for muskies on heavy tackle. I' ve had 3 fish rip up my tube jigs and thats what im using now for them. I caught a 14" , lost a 40" , and had a 35" slash at my tube at boatside. I' ve boated 5 muskise on light and ultra light tackle. i have enough muskie stuff as it is.

slayer
Old 06-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deerslayer, I know how you feel. The musky is an unpredictable creature. Sometimes it can be caught on a crappie jig, and at other times you need to throw a lure the size of your leg at them.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a few of my rock& black bass in the past attacked by muskie when i was reelling them in lol

Ilike pikes& muskies abit , but only a few places here for them[:' (]....
Old 06-26-2003, 07:12 PM

VC1111, if you never tried them, you got to get a Jake Bait in Firetiger.
Here in Maine we only have 4 lakes with Musky in them and the Jake bait out performs anything I have ever tried. I have had days when I have boated 4 to 6 fish with them which is pretty much un-heard of here in Maine.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, Marlin. The last time I was at Gander Mountain I meant to pick some up. I have to start purging the tackle box though. I' ll need to make some room for ' em.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just a quick report:

Yesterday, my friend Andy and I decided to take the afternoon to chase muskies.

We got on the water at 3:00 pm.

I almost immediately had a 40 incher follow a fire-tiger Suick to the boat but he would not strike on the figure 8. It would be the last muskie I would see all day.

From that point on, my friend Andy, could do nothing wrong. He could have tied his shoe on and he would have had a strike or a follow.

He boated three, lost three at the boat and had 2 more go into the figure 8 at the boat. The fish were all in the mid to high thirties......all this within about a 5 hour time frame.

He used a variety of lures (so did I but somehow his were working and mine were not!).

What an red-letter day. We had a ton of excitement and laughs over the fact that he couldn' t miss and I could not hit.

" Uh, Vince, would you like me to let you reel in the next one I hook?"