Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

funny story

Old 04-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default funny story

well today i went to the pond by my house. it was very windy so i was throwing a black spinnerbait with this pink creaturebait i got at walmart as a trailor. i went around the pond once and came upto the cattails and threw infront of them then BAM a fish hammered it. he went into the cats and snapped my line. well knowing that the fish liked the presentation (i caught a couple before him) i put a different black sb on w/the pink trailor and after an lap around the pond i was back at the cattails and i casted out a few times. finally on the 6th or 7th cast a fish hammered it but didnt put up much of a fight. i got him to the bank and guess what was in his mouth? yup my spinnerbait! ive never seen this before, have any of you guys?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Neat..yes sir that happened to me once before as well while rubber worm fishing..I caught a bass that had broken my line 30 minutes earlier ..my purple worm and hook was still in his mouth. The fish was not that big..it had just wrapped around some structure..only weighed aobut 2 pounds.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

I've seen fish strike twice but never seen them "be caught" twice. That's a pretty cool experience......Good luck with the fishing contest!

BigBuck95
Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Done that twice, once n a bass that I had to cut off because he was deep hooked, bit the same bait just a few minutes later. Then I broke off a Redfish one time, came back about two hours later and my pops caught him with my jig hanging out the corner of his mouth.