Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
An Excellent Week [pics] >

An Excellent Week [pics]

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

An Excellent Week [pics]

Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice fish young fella.. Wish we had some of those here.. Everytime one of those gets caught in a fish trap on one of our rivers it gets killed. The biologists will not allow them in our rivers due to the Atlantic Salmon.. They claim that they will hurt the salmon coming into our rivers.. Anyways congrats to you.. Ice conditions here is getting pretty bad in places on quite a few lakes up this way..
Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Great pictures, Buckhunter, as usual... Thanks for sharing..

Obviously you are fishing jigs..Do you tie your own..??.. It also appears in one picture that you are tipping them with spikes or waxies.. Are you using a float..??

What is your rod/reel/line setup..??.. The handle/grip doesn't look like either a fly rod or a typical spinning setup..??..
Yes, I consider myself a float fisherman. I almost always use floats for river fishing. I use a few different setups but they are between 9'-11' rods, all spinning or baitcasting rods. Hoping to get a centre pin. Mainline around 10# test, light leaders. I do not tie my own jigs due to the fact that I can buy these for about as cheaps as I could tie my own. I do tip them with waxies, some tip with rubber grubs, others none at all.

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
looks like the cam works, just wonderin, bein from texas i wouldnt know, but dont you freeze your bum off out there? ..
Dress for the conditions. It is actually warm the past few weeks, highs have been in the 30s. When the water temp gets around 33 or 34 degrees and you have a cold night, the water will freeze up or large ice/slush flow will occur making fishing very difficult. Cold doesn't bother me too much though, specially if I am catching fish.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Real nice fish & picts-& catching- congrats .