HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   where do you bass fish????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/317524-where-do-you-bass-fish.html)

fishinty 02-16-2010 05:30 PM

where do you bass fish?????

where do you bass fish?????

Chuck7 02-17-2010 12:20 AM

Central Florida..

I look for lakes where only a 10 footer has access..Like hunting..I leave the crowds alone.

Knightia 02-17-2010 01:23 AM

Well the previous 4 or so seasons to last- i bass fished in Arkansas. But not anymore so- i really dont bass fish now.

But if i did- i would fish where the fish are when possible( so both id think)

Gangly 02-17-2010 05:44 AM

same rule as chuck for the most part. I try to fish areas that you cant fish from the bank, and you dont have a boat ramp. Those places generally have very little pressure and 2-3 hours of fishing will generally provide good returns.

Chuck7 02-17-2010 01:14 PM

Sorry Fishinty,,I just relized you had questions on here..

I voted for both...if I was in a tourny and going for numbers..I usually flip and pitch the shoreline..ALL day long..if the water is without alot of weeds..I'll cast a 3/8th ounce White Rooster Tail as well..

But the rest depends..if I'm using shiners I try to find water about 8 foot deep.jusst off the weedline so the shiner can swim freely..Ill sit there for 4 hours if I know theres bass in there..and I know where the fish are.,.been fishing here since 1981,

For artificial .most of my spots have all types of depths..
First, I'll Horny Toad the shoreline..looking for Buster..Fact..I'll do this for about 1 1/2 hours ..if Buster aint hitting..I'll anchor on the shoreline and jig and Texas worm the deep using a BB split shot for slow presentation..{ 8-13 ' in my area] working it back to the boat..

If fishing before a new or full moon and I want action..I'll Horny Toad and Spinnerbait ALL DAY to cover alot of water..IMHO this is the best time to fish..just off the shoreline before new or Full moon.

If fishing is SLOOOWW..I'll drift 2 rods..Texas and Carolina in deep weedy , rock bar type structure..

WINNER OF THE 2009 HNI BASS TOURNAMENT SOUTH
LOL

Gangly 02-18-2010 06:36 AM

Ill hit the shoreline with a horny toad or a shallow crank like a strike king 4s, Rapala JSR 4, or Rapala SSR, working specifically around wood structure (that and weeds are all I have in my area). If that doesnt work, I'll start looking towards a little deeper water (5-8 ft) and generally Carolina Rig a worm in 1 of the 3 colors that I like in a specific brand, with an approximate 12-18 in leader which is shorter than most people, but it seems to work for me. If that fails, I will throw the jig and trailer and reach down to 10-12 fet which is the absolute MAX depth in the areas that I fish. Now sometimes i will throw the jig and worm in the shallows, but not usually. If ALL else fails, and i can't get a hit on anything, I will bust out the Rebel Minnow and the Strike King Bitsy Minnow and start throwing towards any weed beds that are close to the surface but not quite (basically the same place i would throw a Horny Toad). Those two little minnow baits are fish catching magnets, but I usually dont catch anything big on them. I think the largest bass I ever caught with one was around 12 inches, but they will bring in the crappie and small bass like nobody's business.

If you ever have the idea to stock your own pond, go to the nearest pond with bass (If its legal in your area), throw those two plastic minnows in there, and you will catch more bass in the 6-10 inch range than you can shake a fist at.

fishintay 02-19-2010 05:00 PM

I fish in Alabama preferably Weiss lake.Fished Guntersville a few times.I have been fishing there since I was five years old.

rockytop 03-02-2010 09:21 AM

I fish Wheeler and Wilson in Alabama mostly and Guntersville about once a year. Also fish Normandy, Pickwick, and Woods in Tennesseee.

Phil from Maine 03-05-2010 02:52 AM

I think I had missed your poll.. I fish both as it depends on spawning as well as water temps up here. So the season if it is the first of the year or middle or last part of the season can make a difference. We have a different climate and it can very alot. Some times it is a day to day type of thing as well. Alot of rain can either warm the water up or cool it back down.