Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Pictures From Where You Fish >

Pictures From Where You Fish

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Pictures From Where You Fish

Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I was out there once ../camping..1965 I was 9 years old.IT'S FLAT OUT GORGEOUS!!!!
We were in Clinton County near some big dam..We ate fresh brook trout outdoors..The scenery is gorgeous..out of this world. My grandfather had a cabin out there.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I was out there once ../camping..1965 I was 9 years old.IT'S FLAT OUT GORGEOUS!!!!
We were in Clinton County near some big dam..We ate fresh brook trout outdoors..The scenery is gorgeous..out of this world. My grandfather had a cabin out there.
I have been in Clinton County, indeed nice scenery! and yes the trout here are great! to bad there arent as many native streams as there used to be but there are alot north by the state line. I see you live in Florida, if you ever get a chance to come up to PA in the near future, go to Slippery Rock Creek, go to McConnels Mill on the Creek. Flat out the most gorgeous place in PA i have ever seen, and its probably only 35 min north west of clinton. Once you go down in the ravine, you lose cell phone reception and its like your in the middle of Canada or Alaska. We caught 65 trout in 4 hrs. not to mention all of the small mouth there! it is like a whole new world

and we fish just right down past that bridge for trout, we catch all the smallies right under the dam
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Where You Fish-mcconel-mill2.jpg   Pictures From Where You Fish-mcconell3.jpg   Pictures From Where You Fish-mcconnells_mills.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks...for the info..looking back over my 56 years..you are correct..It's the most beautiful place I've ever been in the USA..and I've been to ..

New York
New Jersey
PA
Maryland
VA
West VA
The Carolinas
California
Arizona
Oklahoma
Texas
LA
GA
Alabama
Mississippi
Missouri
Arkansas
New Mexico
Ohio
Indiana
and Delaware
Your area is one of a kind..when I was there ..it was very wild ...a gorgeous trout stream flowing through the green mountains...I bet jobs are scarce..{ -;

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-07-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Here is where I do a lot of my smallmouth,musky, and catfishing. It is not a photo, it is a video so why don't you come along for the ride. Hope you all enjoy it.
http://youtu.be/xy1uFaqtxi8
Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crystal clear mountain river in northern CO. Loaded with browns and 'bows. Fly fishermens dream. Fish average between 12 and 18". This is a little guy I caught Sunday....first fish of the year. On a good day I will catch 20-30 fish.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

I got his video at one of the ponds I fish.
An osprey , diving for a fish.
I thought it was a hawk, thanks to Ridge Runner, I now know it was an osprey.
Click on picture, the camera didn't stop recording when I wanted it to.

Last edited by jrbsr; 03-26-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pathfinder lake & dam area( upstream from me) with waters overtoping / going aroundspillway& the dam because its still to full - from heavy snowpack melting( some flooding going on in various parts of the state& there now still for the same reasons)

Attached Thumbnails

They seemed to be catching fish- the fishermen i was watching didnt seem to be having much luck.

Last edited by Knightia; 07-09-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a few of buds and bass from my "swamp lake". (40 acres, mile long, cypress lined oxbow on my farm in west TN) I grew up in Memphis so fishing oxbows along the MS and our numerous smaller rivers has always been my favorite. I've bass fished allover the country but I'm a "swamp basser" at heart.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures From Where You Fish-zzfishin.jpg   Pictures From Where You Fish-zzfishin2.jpg   Pictures From Where You Fish-zzfishin3.jpg   Pictures From Where You Fish-zzfishin4.jpg   Pictures From Where You Fish-zzfishin5.jpg  

Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Pictures From Where You Fish-100_0280.jpgPictures From Where You Fish-biglaker-1-.jpg
Lake Superior Ice Fishing for Lake Trout. We in these pictures are 10 miles out on the ice, fishing in 242 feet of water, you can imagine the fight that these fish put up when you get them hooked... It is one of my favorite things to do...

Last edited by pyclub1; 12-20-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Spike

Here is a trout stream about 2 miles from my house. It flows out of Big Cherry Lake which sits on top of the mountain at about 3200 feet in elevation. The stream is pretty rough now and is becoming hard to fish because of fallen trees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.