Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 dream fishing trip............ >

dream fishing trip............

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

dream fishing trip............

Old 06-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default dream fishing trip............

where would you just love to go fishing?? for me it would be hard....i love fishing of all types....if its a fish i love to catch it big or small...it would either be somewhere in canada or alaska for pike and musky and walleye and real trout not these little baby stockies i could use for bait up there...or somewhere with record flathead catfish....if i ever go it will probably be canada or alaska...or out west...ive always dreamed of fishing one of them remote lakes and streams that rarely see a lure...and while im out there id be hunting something....one day i will get there.....maybe when i graduate college and maybe become a game warden or something along those lines i might go to one of them places to live....i still dont know what im doing after highschool....my dream may come true daily... lol....my dream comes true daily for a bunch of you i bet.....if i dont move out there i plan to fish and hunt there one day i hope.....what about you guys?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dream fishing trip............

I saw an article in outdoor life years ago about someplace in Alaska where you rent a house that floats on a lake that has access to more lakes and rivers. It wasn' t a houseboat, but a house that floats. Then you have a boat to get around and fish in. That is something that I would love to do. Been to Canada a few times, great fishing, and I do lots of backpacking here in Colorado to alpine lakes where the cut throat are big and pink. I do dream about those too
Old 06-04-2003, 07:28 AM

mauser06;
Tough question. I live in Michigan, around a mile from Lake St. Clare. Which in my book is one of the world greatest lake around. Musky, both bass, walleye, perch, almost anything you want to catch is there. Then you have the great lakes, and rivers with salmon and trout fishing that would match any lakes in the world.

So where would I go for a dream fishing trip? Probably back to South America, for Peacock Bass, or Coasta Rica for some fantastic saltwater fishing.

Have a Great Day!

Coyote Caller
Old 06-04-2003, 11:26 AM
jf5

Went and fished the Alaskan Penninsula in Sept 1997 and that was like a dream come true!! Catching Coho' s until your arms cannot take it anymore!!

Other dream trips I would like to take:

Fishing great lakes tributaries in October with absolutly no one else around!! Now thats a dream.

Lots of Canadian and Alaskin waters for Pike, Walleyes, Steelies, trout and big Togue.

Atlantic Salmon fishing in Iceland.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:09 PM

It' s a though choice between Alaska and Brazil. I would love to go peacock bass fishing in the Amazon...
But in Alaska I could go both fishing and hunting...

I guess I' ll do both sometime before I die!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Flyfishing for:

Atlantic Salmon on the Kola Peninsula in Russia........

Sea run Browns and spring creek trout in Argentina..........

5-8lb Brookies in Quebec (maybe tie in a Bowhunt for Caribou!)..........

Trout in New Zealand........

Christmas Island Bonefish..........or maybe Tarpon in the Keys or Belize.........

Or maybe just a good ol' drop everything 2 month trek around the Rockies hitting all the famous trout rivers. Camping as I went in each new place. I did this a few years ago and it was as close to Heaven as I could imagine.

Boy, lots of dreams and not enough time or money.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dreams do come true, not all of them maybe , but a few.Some ya just gota make happen .

Any day above ground & fishings a dream come true [:-]

Yep was thinking of Alaska& costa rica & Hawwain islands etc too. that be some nice fishing!

The great lakes empty of other fishermen? yep -aint gona happen lol

Or me being there 250 yrs ago.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Mine came true about 10 years ago. My Dad and I went to Mexico to deep sea fish for Marlin and Sailfish. Had the best time and will remember it for ever. It was the last time I got to fish with my Dad.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have to say Peacock bass with a close second fishing Halibut in Alaska. Although, I have had the good fortune of fishing many places for different species, bones/ sails in Mexico, Marlin in Hawaii, tarpan in Florida Keys, Muskie in ontario & Minn, Salmon & halibut in BC, Canada and not to mention I live in trophy walleye, pike and trout haven - which I fish on a yearly basis. So I can' t complain.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

I' ve fished all over our great country but hands down my favorite is " blue water" fishin for big tuna. We over nite port at Walkers Cay, Abaca Bahamas. The buggers hit on top and dive 900 feet straight down! Lotsa work but man the rush!

Quick Reply: dream fishing trip............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.