Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

missouri crappies

Old 01-25-2002, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default missouri crappies

i know my gpa's pond is overstocked with 'em. i mean they're everywhere (the bass feed on them) ummmm.. when do crappies peak in missouri??? and what are good baits to fish with? i'd like to try ultra light crappie fishing (i have a 4 foot ultra light poll) i've used alot of those fuzzy baits with a bobber and stuff. it's worked but no in my grpa's pond. so if u could give me any help i'd appreciate it. oh btw... the pond usually see's the same baits over and over and over again. bass see spinners too much crappies see those cream squid looking biats and the fuzzies too much. and cats.. well they just steal your worm and so do the perch. now if u want awesome channels my gpa's pond is THE PLACE! anywayz back to crappies HELP!

_ _ _ _ _
ROMANS 16:19 SAYS! BE EXCELLENT AT WHAT IS GOOD BE INNOCENT OF EVIL CAUSE THE GOD OF PEACE WILL SOON CRUSH SATEN UNDERNEATH YOUR FEET YEAH!
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 01-25-2002, 06:30 PM

Default RE: missouri crappies

Rubber mini jigs work well here as well as small live minnows. You can hook the minnows through the tail, lips, dorsal fin, or through the eyes.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:54 PM

huh?
Old 01-26-2002, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

rephrase question....
what month in missouri is best to fish for crappie and what are the best lures for them?

oh and minnows tend to catch cats.... so if i got a cat my pole line and lots of other stuff would be broken... they're HUGE!!!!

_ _ _ _ _
ROMANS 16:19 SAYS! BE EXCELLENT AT WHAT IS GOOD BE INNOCENT OF EVIL CAUSE THE GOD OF PEACE WILL SOON CRUSH SATEN UNDERNEATH YOUR FEET YEAH!
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 01-28-2002, 09:16 PM

Joel,
I make it up that way a couple of times a year. If you'd like me to help you fish out that pond, just let me know. I'll trade you a bass/striper trip on Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas.
A farm inpoundment needs to be managed and if goes neglected for even a short while, will produce a ton of fish but all will be to small to enjoy.
You need to start culling NOW!
I made the mistake of having a novel pond with plenty of nice fish and made it catch and release. BIG MISTAKE!
Old 01-29-2002, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

my gpa's pond is overstocked with crappie but i cant catch 'em...

he's god largemouth crappie channel cats bullhead cats bluegill perch... i mean his pond is awesome.. and teh bass gotta average 3 lbs for an adult...

_ _ _ _ _
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 01-29-2002, 07:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]