Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

opinion on line?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had zero issues with braid when using crankbaits. I make sure that the line is on the spool tight to begin with and have had no problems. I love the 30 lb. power pro braid. I have gotten the lures stuck in trees so many times it isnt even funny. I just yank as hard as I can on it until the limb breaks or the lure frees itself, either way I never worry about the line breaking. The Power Pro braid is TOUGH. I haven't broken the power pro braid yet, and thats saying quite a bit considering i have never changed it out and I've yanked it out of trees atleast 10 times in the month alone.

I take that back, I've changed the hook once to a larger hook about 2 weeks ago, but still, the line is TOUGH and casts well.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I kind of agree with the the man who uses mono with crankbatis..

I've very paranoid of fish seeing my line..I always use mono when I can...especially with spinnerbaits and crankbaits..and topwater...
Power pro cast decent ..but mono cast incredible...I mean it zings out there.

I only use Power Pro..because it won't twist when I bump a worm..
and when fishing heavy cover..that is it..everything else is mono...Since the author of this thread fishes with spinning tackle ..like me..He has a lot of options..He can load one spool up with mono and one with braid..I try to buy spinning reels in groups of 2 .this way it gives me 4 spools. Before I go fishing I;ll decide which spool I plan to fish
Old 08-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have used probably every different type of reel that had been thrown at me. i started using spinning at the age of 8. (thanks to my grandfather.) and just got stuck on it. i think i might go with a good mono unles im working the bottom of the river with worms or cranks.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd personally stick with the mono unless you have structure like this LOL
This calls for Power Pro..{ -;
The shoeline is 12 foot deep and the middle is about 15 foot deep..that hydrilla goes straight down...a must for Power Pro..

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-05-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

now thats a fishing hole. im jumping in the truck right now and am on the way! lol
Thanks for all the info guys.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

if i ever find a floro that i like i'd use it for my crankbaits and moving baits (the ones with minimal bottom contact), i think the low visability, low stretch, and the dia. of floro makes it the perfect deal on paper, however i still have not found one i'm satisfied with, especially in the area of knot strenght

as far as the braid, power pro is my favorite
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya keith, the stuff is dang near invisible in the water, but I have lost quite a good fish to line breaking while using Vanish.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Dominant Buck

AMen to both of ya...I've read alot of stuff on Flourocarbon..they are still working it..After alot of reading the best one..which I've never used is called P line.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

They will eventually get it worked out. although for me i still wouldnt use it with my cranks. mainly cause i like to run the bill of my crank along the bottom stirring up mud to look like somthing feeding on the bottom. this requires a little bit more strength in a line
Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

i'm with you on dredging the bottom, for me the weakest link with
floro has been the knot, and i've tried just about every knot i could think of. Chuck, i tried p-line version and so far it did not impress me anymore than the others( i may have gotten a bad spool, because i get more reccomendations for it than any other), i have heard LFT is supposed to be good, i've got a buddy that is sending me a spool, hopefully i can give a little better review, but as for now i'm skeptical

and in the truth it may be all made like the early versions of braid, all braid used to be manufactured by one company (the line/fiber was called spectra fiber), then made to the companies various spec's, colors and such....as far as i know they all still use spectra fiber, what makes the power pro better for me is the coating process they utilize....

Last edited by m.t.hands; 08-06-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.