Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Matt got a 21 incher today.. >

Matt got a 21 incher today..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Matt got a 21 incher today..

Old 08-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Matt got a 21 incher today..

Fishing was tough...we got 2 each...Matt won the 2.00 bet by boating this 21 onch 3 1/2 pound fish .It bit a Tiny Terminator spinning bait.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thumbs up

Congrats! Matt on beating your dad on this trip.. That is how to show him up..
Old 08-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir..we were playing till 10:00 AM..

I got the first fish on a black worm 17 inch 2 1/2 pounder..
Matt got a 16 inch 2 pounder on spinner bait..

He then missed one on a rubber worm

I caught my 2nd on a rubber worm 1 pounder

and then 15 minutes till 10:00 he says..."I got a good one.".It looked 5 pounds when jumping but they slim down real fast once in the net.LOL
21 inches and 3 1/2 pounds
Old 08-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

i'll take a 3.5 and a win any day. five of those in my livewell would be a good way to end the day, throw in a kicker fish and you could have 20 pound sack in a hurry...

don't worry Chuck, misses big is still waiting on you
Old 08-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm happy Matt got me.Keith....Matt is solely a rubber worm man and I like seeing him use different lures..We both used a Horny Toad alot to no advail..He had tried a spinner bait before and got 2 so I suggested he try that...It was one of those slow days...I actually thought he was hung up...
but said..nope..I got a good fish..at the boat is went straight down into the soup..out of sight...He waited and slowly pulled it up..

When we fished that back clear pit I told him m.T Hands and Josh said they would jig this stuff...I said check and see how deep the water is under the shoreline hydrilla..sure enough 12 foot..I wish I had you alls patience..I can see you 2 guys patiently working that stuff.. That pit is an oval...50 ys wide and 130 yds long..the hydrilla comes off the shoreline about 20 feet all along the entire pit..I know the big ones must be under that stuff...

GOing to Fish Hook tomorrw,
God bless Keith,
C7
Old 08-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice summer fish by any means, and it sounds like he went out of his comfort zone with a bait to catch it. Cool deal Chuck and Matt, keep it up.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Lost a 10-12 pounder this morning ..nothing was working....I finally tied on a Rooster taill...Got the telephone pole hit...my drag was perfect ...rod kept at a 45 degree plus...her third run she wrapped around sttructure..and shuck lose..I haven't hooked a fish like this since 1981..and it was on a Rooster Tail as well
C7
Old 08-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

bet the rooster tail starts getting more action on that body of water now, hahaha. Sorry to hear it shook loose Chuck, but atleast you know there is a monster in there, and you can start hunting it hard!

I was looking at that first pic of your son's bass and it looks like that hook was planted pretty good and deep. Its always nice seeing a good deep hook set with a spinner bait, it's the ones where I barely get the lip that always worry me, I can just see them bass flipping off right at the boat on those lip hooksets. Congrats on the good day fishing and the lunker this morning.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I get about one of these ...every 5 years...very discouraging...These fish are so strong..that you are simply holding on while they pull the boat..I was smart empuigh to have the drag set where it wouldn't break..and the rod bent so she wouldn't jump and spit it out..I didn't even think there was any structure in this pit..but they know where it is.. DARN !!! DOUBLE DD DARN!!!!I hate losing big fish!!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Dominant Buck

In 1981...when I came to Florida...I was casting off the shoreline..I thought DANG!!! I'm hooked on a telephone pole...then the pole started swimming..to the right ..to the left like a European orange carp..then the line started getting slack..AND OH MY !!! a sickning feeling came all over me as I watched a good 29 inch ..12 .8 bass leap totally out of the water..eyes as big as 50 cent pieces and threw my Rooster Tail out of it's mouth..A week later a man came by and caught that 12. 8 bass with a shiner..He took a picture and released it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.