Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Finished Fishing

Old 08-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Finished Fishing

Well not really but for this year anyway, 10month old boy, work and hunting season coming round.. I sold my boat and have put all my fishing gear up till next season. The Fish will always be there but my son at this age is a 1 time thing, easy decision
Old 08-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Dominant Buck

are you serous???

I tppk my little ones fishing all the time at that age..Matt got his first bass at 2 years old...Here's Andrew are one..{ -:
Old 08-02-2009, 01:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Sir,
I don't have them scanned but I have many pics of me and the boys fishing from the boat at age one...They make a small life vest..I spent so much time in the outdoors with my boys that I wore 2 sets of wheels off the strollers..LOL

They also never spent in a minute in public school .We home schooled them both..

Don't forget shore fishing..My only mounted bass was caught off the shore..first cast..

Since my wife quit her job to home school ....we fished for food..

Here's Matt at 3 years old..

NOw as far as down sizing ..I agree..them big boats and tornaments can nickel and dime you to death..but fishin like this...these are things that kids will remember forever..

AND WHEN THEY ARE OLDER >...THEY WON'T FORGET THEM EITHER LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-02-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

MBHuton, I'm sory to hear that you are giving up fishing, but a child always comes first so its nice to see a dad having his priorities straight. Maybe you will find a way to take him fishing soon enough. Bank fishing with bobbers is always fun with kids, and easy to keep an eye on them as well. When they are able to walk, it makes a lot of things much easier.

Chuck, I cant wait to look back 20 years from now and see the photos of my kids and I fishing, hunting, and just having fun. My almost 5 year old starts kindergarten in less than a month, talk about being SAD. I loved coming home on lunch to get in some play time with him, and now I won't even be able to see him until the evening time.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Aaron..our boys didn't spend one second in school. They both started college in the 10th grade..
Old 08-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I should re-phrase, I am gonna keep fishing, but fun fish, no events, just with my son Dax and that, i wanna start catching some crappie as well. there is pleny of time for 40k boats and big events
Old 08-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

you got time to take a boat ride with me, i've got a tournament this month on wilson and pickwick, and its been a while since i've been on either one, would like to find some brown fish but green will work, take care buddy, i'll try to run you down in the next week or so

keith
Old 08-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Amen Mr. Hutton

And honestly..I admire a man with conviction and one who places his family first..There was a time when my wife home schooled and I was in college that we were finantially dirt poor..lived in a single wide mobile home for 7 years..BUT was very happy..I felt the Lord tell me to sell ALL my fishing stuff and I did..After a couple years another Christian visited us and ask if he could use our bathroom...He taped a 200.00 check on our mirror..My wife smiled and said..why don't you go buy me and you a fisihng rod at Walmart..with some of that money { -: and I did..I bought two 19.99 Diawa combos...and we began to take our two boys along the shore line in thier strollers and bump a worm...yep ..those were some of our best times..and my wife always out fished me..

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-02-2009 at 12:28 PM.