Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 My best day on the RED >

My best day on the RED

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

My best day on the RED

Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My best day on the RED

Well I have been on hloidays for the last while. Too busy to do much fishing. This past weekend I went to a lake and fished for walleyes with my 3 yr old son..... another story. I got back home and got the itch for some sumo kitties of the red river. Well thats what I got. I went out today and started with catching bait. It took me 19 min to reel in 10 goldeye's for bait. I then went to the head of a current break and tried for some channel cats. 13 I came out with. Here are some of the highlights. I matched my longest cat but bettered my heaviest by more than a few pounds.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My best day on the RED

That last cat went 37.5", not the longest on the day but it did go the heaviest. A few lbs over 30. Cut goldeye was the bait of choice.
I caught 13 cats, 9 went over 34". My best day from shore for sure. I sure was glad that I had a few onllokers there to take pics. If not they wouyld have all been on the ground..... not so good for the fish. My smallest cat on the day was a 31" dinker.
I gave my spot up to a couple of guys that came down to fish late. One was from WV and the other NY. Both members of our local baseball club, the Winnipeg goldeyes.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like you had some great fishing! Congrats! We do not have them up this way..
Old 07-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

That's the biggest channel I've ever seen..
The other cats are huge as well..Must have been some serious fightin fantastic fun .
Old 07-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

nice fish